Recent content by BorgQueen

  1. B

    TKR Getting stronger every day

    I can relate to your comments about being suddenly hit by unbelievable tiredness! That is something I still get even 4 months down the line, although much less often, thank heavens. I also felt no pain in my unoperated leg in the first 5 weeks, but soon realised why when I came off the...
  2. B

    TKR Getting stronger every day

    @Teecup 11 weeks is not a long time. Even though I was doing OK at that stage, I was definitely not ready to get the other knee done so soon. I reckon by the time I work my way through the NHS waiting list, I'll be ready for op number 2! Don't beat yourself up over lefty still being a bother -...
  3. B

    TKR Getting stronger every day

    @Bionic You've really been through the mill! You've already proved yourself to be a tough cookie, more than capable of the hard work involved! I really hope your knee op goes well. Although things are now going well for me, I remember all too well the tough first few weeks, so feel free to tag...
  4. B

    TKR Getting stronger every day

    @sistersinhim I definitely think knowing what to expect will be a big help - that fear of the unknown was a big factor for me. Also, as you quite rightly say, although the strong painkillers meant I didn't feel much pain in my old/left knee, it still crunched and cracked and threatened to go...
  5. B

    TKR Getting stronger every day

    Hello everyone! I've lurked on this forum for many months and I can't tell you how helpful it's been! I had my first TKR op (right knee) on 11th Sept 2018, so I'm a little over 4 months post-op. I have been back at work (desk job) since 8 weeks post-op but my employers gave me a phased return...
Back
Top Bottom