Recent content by Bode1025

  1. Bode1025

    TKR TKR Left knee 1/26 adventures

    Thanks so much. I probably need to step up my icing and elevation too.
  2. Bode1025

    TKR TKR Left knee 1/26 adventures

    Thanks. The pain concerns me a bit. It’s still reasonable to have the soft tissue pain under my kneecap? Mainly when I move certain ways.
  3. Bode1025

    TKR TKR Left knee 1/26 adventures

    I’ve been doing pretty well with recovery but I have some pretty decent pain underneath my kneecap it feels like. Feels like soft tissue pain. Mainly when I do certain motions. I walk normally and have good ROM. I’m closing in on 12 weeks. Anyone dealing with soft tissue pain under kneecap? I’m...
  4. Bode1025

    TKR Getting back to hiking and climbing.

    This thread has been so nice to read. I’m 9 weeks out and have a good bend and 0 extension. I’m doing well in pt and the gym on my non therapy days. I’m relatively young and my husband and I love hiking and a lot of our travels revolve around hiking in the mountains. I’m not there yet but this...
  5. Bode1025

    TKR TKR Left knee 1/26 adventures

    Meant to add that I walk up stairs normally alternating steps. But when I walk down stairs I still just lead with my surgical knee and can’t alternate comfortably. Is that normal for this stage?
  6. Bode1025

    TKR TKR Left knee 1/26 adventures

    Hi everybody, I’ve been doing very well with recovery but definitely still have some issues. I’m 8 weeks post TKR. I have a good range of motion. 0 extension and about 125-130 flexion. My surgical pain is way less and I walk with an even gait. One issue I have is that if I press on my kneecap...
  7. Bode1025

    TKR TKR Left knee 1/26 adventures

    My surgery was 1/26. My surgeon is definitely the type that wants you doing as much as possible. I do rest a lot but probably push it a little with the bike and pt. I just get scared that I have to get all my ROM in the first 6 weeks.
  8. Bode1025

    TKR TKR Left knee 1/26 adventures

    I had my TKR a little over 3 weeks ago. I’ll give some background. I’m a 49 year old female. I have always been athletic but was diagnosed with lupus many years ago and took steroids for a few years for it. It really damaged the knee and after a meniscectomy I was left with the option of TKR...
Back
Top Bottom