Recent content by bob-uk

  1. bob-uk

    TKR Continuous Knee Stiffness after TKR and MUA

    Hi Gilina, Along the side of the knee are the collateral ligaments and along with all the other ligaments and muscles that have been stretched and maybe even a bit torn. Like the good people on Bonesmart have said, lots of time and rest with elevation and iceing is required to promote the...
  2. bob-uk

    TKR Continuous Knee Stiffness after TKR and MUA

    Hi Gilina, If your symptoms are the same as mine was,it feels like a certain patch of the knee and into the top of the thigh was numb to the touch and solid stiff i.e. Like a steel plate. The MUA solved this problem and my knee has felt very free to 95 degrees ROM. My MUA was carried out in a...
  3. bob-uk

    TKR Continuous Knee Stiffness after TKR and MUA

    Thank you for your replies. I will try the oven glove and ottoman rest and hopefully gravity and weight will do its work.
  4. bob-uk

    TKR Continuous Knee Stiffness after TKR and MUA

    Hi Everybody, Well since I last posted I have eased up on the PT and occasionally have a day off altogether and do simple heel slides. This regime combined with both ice and heat sessions has reduced the swelling and stiffness considerably. First thing in the morning is always bad, a little...
  5. bob-uk

    TKR Continuous Knee Stiffness after TKR and MUA

    Hi Sabbath, The MUA has been very beneficial for me with the ROM becoming much more free moving. If you have that feeling of a steel plate fixed to your knee and quadriceps muscle then the MUA will remove that feeling for sure. Post MUA pain, swelling and bruising can occur and feel you have...
  6. bob-uk

    TKR Continuous Knee Stiffness after TKR and MUA

    Thank you so much for your replies everybody. Dear Josephine. Reading your stories of TKR, my experience was very much similar for the first three weeks i.e. Nerve Pain, stiffness, swelling, knocking etc. I only did heel slides and gradual light bends over the towel to exercise the quads. I...
  7. bob-uk

    TKR Continuous Knee Stiffness after TKR and MUA

    Thank you for your replies. It helps to understand the magnitude of the recovery. I must admit I did not believe it would be such a long struggle. My PT three times a day consists of: 1. Short arc quads over a rolled towel - 5 sec hold x10 reps. 2. Straight leg raise - 5 sec hold x10 reps. 3...
  8. bob-uk

    TKR Continuous Knee Stiffness after TKR and MUA

    Thank you for your replies Pumpkin and Jamie. My home PTs three times day are not aggressive, but I will try and ease up on them a little. I also have hired a CPM machine and I use this to get things going before exercises. I did find the RICE method very successful over the last 11 weeks but...
  9. bob-uk

    TKR Continuous Knee Stiffness after TKR and MUA

    Hi People, I have posted to look for some help and guidance regarding my TKR and subsequent MUA. My details: 1. RTKR on April 8th 2015. In theatre, OS achieved 115 degree ROM and extension minus 0 degrees. Sets of PT home exercises 3 times a day, lots of ice and elevation. 2. At 10 weeks...
Back
Top Bottom