Recent content by bmxmama2

  1. bmxmama2

    Revision TKR LTKR Revision Today!

    Hi, everyone. I hope you are doing well. Thank you for being here to let me vent. Even if we don't interact, it is very helpful to know there are people out there who understand what I'm going through. My family just doesn't get it. I apologize in advance for complaining a bit in this post...
  2. bmxmama2

    Revision TKR LTKR Revision Today!

    Hi, everyone. I hope you are doing well! Here is my very quick update. Today was my 1 week follow up with the surgeon. Everything is going pretty well, except I'm having a hard time sleeping. Today was the nurse's last visit, and PT is now in-home three times per week. I should start...
  3. bmxmama2

    Revision TKR LTKR Revision Today!

    Thank you! They really don't understand, but I am very grateful for finding this site. Everyone has provided a wealth of knowledge and is so friendly.
  4. bmxmama2

    Revision TKR LTKR Revision Today!

    Thank you! The original date for spacer replacement was June 4th, but it was rescheduled to yesterday. The nerve block has worn off so I'm not feeling as great as I was, but it's not too bad. :)
  5. bmxmama2

    Revision TKR LTKR Revision Today!

    Thank you! My family is joking that I'm just this happy because of the meds. LOL They don't understand the daily pain and how it can feel like a huge weight lifted off once the surgery is over. I'm motivated to get back to being me again. :happydance:
  6. bmxmama2

    Revision TKR LTKR Revision Today!

    Hi, everyone! I am so happy to be posting on the recovery side now! I apologize in advance for the long post. I'm just very excited about the positive experience I had today. This is not my first rodeo, but my anxiety was at an all time high this week. I worked myself up so much for nothing. LOL...
  7. bmxmama2

    Revision TKR LTKR Revision coming soon

    Thank you, Layla! Hopefully it will be an easy go. It was supposed to have been done on June 4th, but they had to reschedule. I'm excited to finally get this over. :)
  8. bmxmama2

    Revision TKR LTKR Revision coming soon

    Hi, everyone. My revision will be on June 21st. It's starting to feel real now that the equipment has been delivered and I've picked up my prescriptions. I can't believe how nervous I am this second time around! Does anyone have a recommended brand for the iceless therapy machine? I am...
  9. bmxmama2

    2023 June Sunbeams - Are you having Knee Surgery in June?

    Hello, fellow Sunbeams. My revision TKR has been rescheduled to June 21st. I'm starting to get a bit nervous. Good luck to all of you!
  10. bmxmama2

    Revision TKR Finally have a date! Liner exchange, here we come!

    Hi, everyone! It is official! Liner exchange June 4, 2023. I am so excited, yet so nervous, to finally have this taken care of. I apologize in advance for so many questions. I've searched here and Google, but there doesn't seem to be much out there about what to expect after a liner exchange...
  11. bmxmama2

    Revision TKR Liner exchange in June

    Hi, and thank you so much! I'm not positive on the exact date, but it's looking like the second week of June. I'm looking for anything that will tell me what I can expect for the liner exchange recovery, such as the average timeline, etc.
  12. bmxmama2

    2023 June Sunbeams - Are you having Knee Surgery in June?

    Hi. My revision (liner exchange) will be in June. I'm just waiting for confirmation of the surgery date.
  13. bmxmama2

    Revision TKR Liner exchange in June

    Hi, everyone. It's official. The doctor will be exchanging my left TKR liner in June. My knee is extremely unstable and painful so I can't wait any longer. I'm just praying recovery is not as bad as the initial TKR.
  14. bmxmama2

    Ten years out and need a spacer exchange

    Hi, Jaycey. Thanks for your response. I searched Google before I posted this, but there are varied responses. I'm looking for specifics. For example, some sites say it's a simple blood draw from your arm, others say it's similar to having your knee aspirated with the huge needle. Some say...
  15. bmxmama2

    Ten years out and need a spacer exchange

    Thank you for the resources you passed along! I am scheduled for a Ceretec WBC exam next week. It sounds a bit scary. I can't really find any information on how the procedure goes specifically for knees. Does anyone have some insight? I'm terrified of needles/IVs so I like to know what I can...
Back
Top Bottom