Recent content by BMWDavid

  1. B

    THR 2 years now!

    Had some occasional weakness and minor discomfort but no real pain during the few months out. At nine months out I was honestly forgetting which hip I had operated on.
  2. B

    THR 2 years now!

    Just wanted to drop in as it is my two year anniversary since my THR in December 2013. No pre-op issues all this time. Just had my two year check up with my surgeon. He was very pleased with my continued condition. Hip shows no wear and looks great. I honestly can't recall the hip that was...
  3. B

    THR 4 weeks into recovery

    Just wanted to update my status. I had a right THR 12/13/13. I originally posted a 4 week PO posting way back. Now at 16 weeks and just Wow! I'm a 59 year old male. I used to ride motorcycles all the time but sold my bigger bikes and just rode my smaller bike I kept. Even then I'd only ride a...
  4. B

    THR 12 days post-op & 1st post here.

    I'm so sorry...I did not think things through when I made that post. I was saying that I think some Doctors push the use of pain meds more than might be needed for some. In my situation the morning after my THR the nurse came in and basically said here is some LoriTabs. I said I don't hurt that...
  5. B

    THR 12 days post-op & 1st post here.

    I disagree here...everyone has different pain levels. Mine was minimal, only took tramadol after surgery and was off the tramadol after six days. Just an occasional Tylenol for aches now...and even at that only once or twice a week. I'm at 9 weeks post op now.
  6. B

    THR 4 years

    I had the posterior surgery...
  7. B

    THR 4 years

    Hey First Timer...I'm at seven weeks (THR right side) myself and other than some soft tissue aches and a bit of weakness I hopped on my motorcycle at six weeks and rode it fine. It was just great to be able to sit on my bike without the weird angle on my leg and the pain. I'm sure you'll be...
  8. B

    THR 4 weeks into recovery

    I feel a soreness, strong achy feeling and sometimes a general weakness with some stiffness.. No burning or stabbing pains. But only when upright and walking. No discomfort while sitting or in bed. Funny thing is that sometimes I walk with just about zero pain/discomfort only to have it pop up...
  9. B

    THR 4 weeks into recovery

    To: Josephine, 1-Pain level...0 when sitting and just standing. Walking it can be a 2 or 3 sometimes though it won't hurt while walking. 2-Pain meds. Only took Tramadol (one every 6 hours) the first week. Then an occasional Tylenol before bed ( 1-2 times a week) 3-Only iced the first couple...
  10. B

    THR 4 weeks into recovery

    Hi everyone, I'm now at 7 weeks since my THR. Find that I've plateaued as far as discomfort. While I was super pleased at 4 weeks I still have a weakness and pain in my leg when I walk. The hip feels fine so I'm thinking perhaps some soft tissue issues? Can't really tell where it comes from...
  11. B

    THR Five week doctor visit

    Actually once I get up and moving the limping almost disappears. Dr. said to walk through it! Anyway, I've hung up my cane. I leave it in the car when we go out just in case I might need it. It is just wonderful to not be tied to that darn stick!
  12. B

    THR Five week doctor visit

    Your recovery mirrors mine. I had a THR 12/16/2013 and was amazed at the speed of my recovery. I'm now at 5 weeks and 4 days since my surgery. walking without a cane now (still limping a bit) but can walk more than a mile without much trouble. So looking forward to spring when I'll be even more...
  13. B

    THR 4 weeks into recovery

    I had the standard approach and have the scar to prove it. It was not minimally invasive.
  14. B

    THR 4 weeks into recovery

    Hi everyone, Found this site the other day. I wanted to post my experience with my THR on my right side. I'm a 58+ year old male. Had a right hip issue when I was 12 years old and had surgery on my hip to reset the angle of the joint. Don't recall the name of procedure or what I actually had...
Back
Top Bottom