Four years out and doing fine. Doctor said “see you next year, and it will be 5 years!” Knee gives out some on occasion, but otherwise is fine. I sometimes work it hard.
I must have forgotten about the Medicare part a question- so sorry. I’ve had 2 surgeries and one hospitalization since April and the part a is the secondary since I have insurance through my work. Medicare paid nothing! They did not take care of any extras, etc, which I kind of figured they...
That’s what I thought. Don’t know why he’s putting so much emphasis on the atrophy. I’ve been told the atrophy in my hands cannot be fixed, but surgery would help keep them from atrophying more. Doctor just really did not seem to be himself.
Ok. I just don’t see the atrophy in my leg. I can understand a professional would, but I’ve also had nerve damage from my back, and maybe it’s not that important since I walk all over with it.
Happy enough - for the most part. I’ve lost some of the bending over the last two months due to having back surgery and being restricted in exercising and stretching. I hope to get it back soon now that I’m allowed to start stretching again. Just don’t understand the atrophy if I’m able to move...
Question for those in the medical field:
I had my three year checkup and the doctor pretty much just kept telling me my thigh had atrophied, and if he measured it, he could prove it was 2-3 centimeters(?) smaller. Anyway he tells me this every year but this time he insisted I wasn’t using my leg...
Well, it’s been almost two months, and I’ve not heard a thing from Medicare. I don’t know if anything was even turned in to them. I did go online, but there is nothing to indicate they received a hospital bill. The only thing I could find was you only get a quarterly notification of your medical...
@Jamie have not yet heard anything from Medicare. The hospital is just now sending me notices, so I’m not sure regular insurance has covered it yet. So far it’s looking like I will owe nothing but my deductible, but I do have an out of pocket amount with company furnished insurance. Hope it...
I was driving after 2 weeks, but I was taught to use my left foot for brake, and I can use either foot for brake after driving stick shift for some years. Depends on how well you concentrate, I guess. Is NJ still the only state that requires teens to be 17 to get their driver’s license? (I’m...
Problem number 1: I was called by the hospital today, and they told me they could not take my Medicare card (part A only) until after surgery and the doctor deemed it necessary for me to be admitted because I was scheduled as “outpatient surgery”. I told them no I wasn’t, that dr said it could...
I will be having surgery April 1st, using Medicare part A as the secondary. I can let you know how they treat mine when the time comes. I’m scheduled for 3 days in the hospital, though, but was first told I’d be there overnight, then 2 days. (Don’t know who is more confused over how long I stay...
@Jeffntate
I was denied a 10 day opioid prescription before the first of the year; pharmacy said the 7 day was accurate, then told me it was an insurance policy already in place. Here is what CVSCaremark told me: the first prescription is for 7 days, but after that I should be able to get any...
@robert johnson
So sorry to hear about your kitty. Pets really help us get through things, and I know it was stressful to have to deal with his death. My heart goes out to you.
@robert johnson
My score chart pretty much said I didn't need surgery, but the pain could get pretty bad at times. The doctor I was seeing for my knee had said he really wished I would consider knee replacement. I slowly said "I don't know. What would you do if it was your knee?" He replied that...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.