Recent content by BillinPA

  1. B

    Revision TKR ArthroFibrosis anyone?

    I share much of your experience and frustration. I had my original TKR in Oct 2019 and it was never 'right'. It was always tight and sore upon walking although it had good ROM. After a year my surgeon started testing for an infection which dragged out for seven months due to inconsistent test...
  2. B

    TKR Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled

    Moderator please change my title to "Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled" Since my last update in December 2020, my 19 month old replacement knee continues to be stiff, sore, and painful upon walking. In April 2021 my OS repeated synovial fluid analysis and bloodwork to assess the possibility...
  3. B

    TKR Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled

    Thanks @Jockette. I'll keep these two names in mind. I will wait till I get my COVID vaccine before I get a second opinion.
  4. B

    TKR Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled

    Moderator, please change my title to "Suggestions for a Second Opinion?" In October I had my one year visit with my OS and told him I continued to have tightness across the front of the knee and discomfort when walking. He aspirated the knee and sent the fluid out for analysis. The lab work...
  5. B

    Revision TKR Right knee has problems again

    @newlybionic Thanks for the info. I actually went to Pollice many years ago for a cortisone shot in my right knee which has been pretty good ever since. I've had problems with my left knee for the last three years and switched to Coordinated Health, which is now part of Lehigh Valley Health...
  6. B

    Revision TKR Right knee has problems again

    @newlybionic I wish you well with your upcoming revision surgery. I'm concerned there may be one in my future also. My OS is chasing what might be a low grade infection. Not all the test results are back yet. But I am curious where you are having the revision done. I notice you are in the...
  7. B

    TKR Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled

    Thanks, @sistersinhim and np7. @np7, good luck with your TKRs.
  8. B

    TKR Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled

    Moderator, please change title to "One Year Report Card - D" Its been 7 months since my last post. I resigned myself to put off judgement of my TKR until my year anniversary on October 14. The tight band syndrome which started in week 4 post op continues along with tenderness on both sides of...
  9. B

    TKR Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled

    @Jewlz1 Hi, I never got around to using any CBD products. I'm still interested in suggestions by BS members.
  10. B

    TKR Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled

    Thanks for the feedback. @sistersinhim I too think it is fluid because it can go from feeling ok to feeling tight in a matter of minutes. @Jockette Thanks for the tip about the leg elevation. I'll give it a try. @ginr Let me know what your Dr says about the tight band. I was scheduled to see...
  11. B

    TKR Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled

    Moderator, please change title to "Tight Band persists at Week 24" Well, it's been 8 weeks since my last update, and there has been progress, but the tight band feeling around the knee persists. There are brief periods when it is almost completely gone and there are other times when it feels...
  12. B

    TKR Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled

    @Teeboxx What brand CBD roll-on do you use? And how often do you use it? Does your tight band sensation inhibit your walking? Mine does, as I start to bend my knee the tension seems to actually twist my knee, and the discomfort inhibits me from bending it normally. What has your Dr said about...
  13. B

    TKR Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled

    Thanks @Celle. I know nothing about CBD products at the moment. I'll have to do some homework.
  14. B

    TKR Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled

    Moderator please change my title to "16 Week Update" Today I had my long anticipated appointment with my OS. He asked how I was doing and I told him I'm still waiting for the day I think this was a good idea. When he asked why, I told him about the "tight band across the knee" syndrome which...
Back
Top Bottom