Recent content by Bethy

  1. Bethy

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 9 weeks post op

    Honesty, my surgeon did not want to do bilateral, but, I was set on it happening! He said it depended on how my first knee went as my leg had to be straightened as well...I didn’t know til I woke up if I had one or two done! I was soooo thankful! I honestly would recommend a dress, (if you can)...
  2. Bethy

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 9 weeks post op

    Going back to work was very good for me. I thought I would LOVE being home, but, I was so bored and knew I needed to get back. I did still have swelling if I was up on my feet too much. I brought my ice packs and put a box under my desk. I would put my legs up on the box with a blanket covering...
  3. Bethy

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 9 weeks post op

    My surgeon was Dr Whang, Modesto, Ca... I am so dang happy I went with bilateral replacements! One surgery and one recovery...was back to a desk job, in 3 1/2 weeks! Wish I had done sooner! I never realized how much the pain was slowing me down as well as my crabby attitude if I had to walk...
  4. Bethy

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 9 weeks post op

    Bilateral 5 1/2 months ago....Still feel amazing. I have numbness on the outter knee area, and alittle stiffness. All normal feelings from what i have read. I am always surprised when I am able to do something that used to hurt. Like wearing a pump shoes without hurting....amazing feeling!!
  5. Bethy

    Welcome to the August Hot Shots' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    I am 5 months post op, bilateral, and I feel great! I still am alittle stiff and I’m not going to run a marathon, but, I am doing great! So glad I did both at the same time!!
  6. Bethy

    Bilateral TKR One Year Anniversary!

    I totally agree! Bilateral was tough for a week, but, got easier day by day! I had the Bilateral on 8-7-18 and other than some stiffness, I feel fantastic!
  7. Bethy

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 9 weeks post op

    Thank you! Yes, and I still have stiffness. I have read it is very common and to be patient. I am still numb as well on the outter sides of my knees, and still warm to the touch. Once again, all normal reactions. I am THRILLED with the outcome of bilateral!
  8. Bethy

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 9 weeks post op

    I had in home physical therapy 2 times a week, a total of 5 sessions! It was VERY helpful. Then I had 4 outpatient sesssions, and I felt I could do my therapy at home myself as I had a stationary bike, and tools to do my own. If you have a need for 2 knee replacements, do bilateral! Get it over...
  9. Bethy

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 9 weeks post op

    I had bilateral knee replacements in August! I went back to work 3½ weeks after surgery! I have a desk job, so, it was easy to get back. Soooo glad I went with Bilateral! First week was a challenge, but, after that, I was feeling better and better! I credit a GREAT surgeon and reading...
  10. Bethy

    Welcome to the August Hot Shots' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    I had bilateral knee replacements on the 7th as well! How are you doing?
  11. Bethy

    Bilateral TKR Rhody on the Road to Recovery

    I totally agree! This forum helped me as well! It made me so aware of what I needed to do before and after my bilateral knee replacements!
  12. Bethy

    2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Bilateral scheduled for August 7th...stay tuned....
  13. Bethy

    Bilateral TKR for me in November

    My bilateral is this Tuesday! This forum has helped a lot and I don’t seem to be so scared of the pain afterwards. The surgeon is also going to be straightening my right leg being as I am bowing... Stay tuned....
Back
Top Bottom