Recent content by bertha

  1. B

    TKR Second knee

    I have a major concern. When I was at the hospital, the day of the surgery later in the afternoon, the nurse aid accidentally pulled out the drain from the incision site. The nurses and doctors all played it down saying it was going to be pulled the next morning any way. But I have now developed...
  2. B

    TKR Second knee

    I agree it's too early. But I'm taking it one day at a time. I had my surgery this past Tuesday and came home on Thursday. Although it seems that now they would rather you spend only one night at the hospital ( they being the insurance companies)! But my blood pressure was low and they wanted...
  3. B

    TKR Second knee

    Now I'm getting worried! I will have to go in only one day at four weeks, then two days the fifth and sixth weeks. Three days after that until 12 weeks. I will be able to sit and at some points ice and elevate in the office. Do you still think this is going to be too hard?
  4. B

    TKR Second knee

    Well, having recovered from my left TKR I have now scheduled my right TKR on August 7! At least this time I feel that I know what I'm getting myself into, but on the other hand, this time I have to be back at work at 4 weeks. This forum was very helpful the first time round, and I'm looking...
  5. B

    TKR bertha's recovery

    Doctors visit went well. He was happy with the recovery. I am also pleased because six weeks really seemed like a majic number. Almost right away I am walking better and I have more energy. The swelling is still there but he said I have to be patient it will take time. He also recommended I wait...
  6. B

    TKR bertha's recovery

    Thanks for the input. I am seeing the doctor tomorrow and I'll discuss that with him. In my mind it seems to be the right choice to go ahead and do it now. It makes sense financially, and in terms of work since I am still off, and might as well recover both knees. The hardest part is to accept...
  7. B

    TKR bertha's recovery

    The trip went ok. I won't bore you with the horrible flight delays. But I am back home and all is well. Monday will be 6 weeks. So here is what is happening: My energy is better even though I still need to rest I only take Tylenol at night even though there is pain but tolerable I can walk...
  8. B

    TKR bertha's recovery

    Yes I will be changing planes with a layover of about an hour. I requested a wheelchair for all the legs. Each flight is about 90 minutes. There is the funeral followed by burial followed by lunch. Maybe I will skip the burial. I am worried but I have to go...it is my brother...
  9. B

    TKR bertha's recovery

    Thank you for your advise. And thank you for the article which I just read. I will follow through on all this. I already requested a wheelchair. The problem is that the flight is not direct. So we will land and then take off again. I'm worried but I will try to be good about moving my legs...
  10. B

    TKR bertha's recovery

    Today is four weeks. My energy, pain and walking definitely better. But the swelling and heat still there. If I feel good and do things around the house or on the computer, the swelling increases. So here I am now icing and elevating. Unfortunately I had a death in the family and I have to take...
  11. B

    TKR bertha's recovery

    I know you are right. I'm not being reasonable. Thanks for the nudge!
  12. B

    TKR bertha's recovery

    Thank you for your input. I guess I will wait and see how this recovery goes and then how the other knee is acting. I feel that the worst is over. Today three weeks and my hope is things will start improving faster. I had so many plans after 6 or 7 weeks, now I am cautiously waiting.
  13. B

    TKR bertha's recovery

    After how many weeks will it become comfortable to sit with both feet on the ground?
  14. B

    TKR bertha's recovery

    Oh wow! How were you able to get yourself back to the OR after 7 weeks? That had been my initial plan, to do my right knee after 6 or 7 weeks, but now that I know how it is, I am not sure I want to do it at all. I'm thinking maybe I can manage with one good knee.
  15. B

    TKR bertha's recovery

    I am trying to be good about elevating and icing but it is so confining! I still tire easily and find it very hard to sit on a chair and have my feet on the ground. No doubt that things got slightly better in the third week. Tomorrow it would be three weeks. I also have developed back pain after...
Back
Top Bottom