Recent content by Beas27

  1. B

    TKR Left knee tkr makes both knees done!

    As the inflammation goes down, I feel the same tightness around the knee cap as my right tkr. I was hoping I wouldn't have it with my left knee. I hear most people say they don't notice their replacements at all. I am always aware of the way mine feels- it feels heavy and tight. Just hoping my...
  2. B

    TKR Left knee tkr makes both knees done!

    Has anyone discovered a comfortable way to sleep? I toss and turn for hours trying to find a good way to position my knee so I'm not in pain. I desperately want to lay on my side but end up on my back usually with my knee slightly bent .
  3. B

    TKR Left knee tkr makes both knees done!

    I already have pbc( primary biliary cholangitis) so I need to be extra careful with meds that can affect through the liver. Thanks for sharing info, I'm sure it will be helpful for others.
  4. B

    TKR Left knee tkr makes both knees done!

    Thanks for the explanation. I hope this doesn't continue too long as every movement and anything touching the area is quite painful. I've given up on tylenol, it doesn't help the pain at all. I'm sure my liver appreciates it as well.
  5. B

    TKR Left knee tkr makes both knees done!

    Fortunately the deep pain is gone. Now I have a sunburn feeling around the knee, like I got a real bad sunburn and the skin is sore. I've been using ice and massaging the area using cerave moisturizing cream once ir twice a day.
  6. B

    TKR Left knee tkr makes both knees done!

    Well mine gets stuck with scar tissue and releasing it helps me be able to walk without pain. Everyone is different. This works for me. Your knee cap moving is a natural movement, being stuck is not. There is no pain or discomfort when releasing the patella. If there was, I wouldn't do it.
  7. B

    MUA Depressed, worried, anxious

    I had my tkr on July 29th. I just read through all your posts and the responses. Has anyone tried moving your knee cap for you? This is my second tkr. On both knees, my knee cap would move side to side but was stuck and would not do up and down movement. I go to PT once a week and my therapist...
  8. B

    TKR Left knee tkr makes both knees done!

    Had second PT session on Friday. My rom is now 115 and 0. The tenderness is really bothering me- I take tylenol every 6 hours and ice throughout the day but it stats at a 4 out of 10 on pain scale. It's definitely soft tissue pain. I can't take ibuprofen due to blood thinners for 2 more weeks.
  9. B

    TKR Left knee tkr makes both knees done!

    I had my left knee replaced on 7/29. I used a new surgeon at same hospital since I am still unhappy with my right tkr. This time I had staples and dressing. I preferred the internal stitches and glue. I experienced a nasty rash near the incision. Dr prescribed prescription strength steroid...
  10. B

    2024 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Thanks, my surgery was July 29th.
  11. B

    2024 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    I'm having my second TKR on July 29th. It's my left knee.
  12. B

    TKR Shopping therapy too soon after rtkr(9/11/20)

    I am waiting ( 3 weeks already) for an okay to see a different surgeon that my pcp contacted for me. I guess not many give second opinions. How did you find surgeon willing to do second opinion? Meanwhile, I have a kinesiologist working on my knee.
  13. B

    TKR Shopping therapy too soon after rtkr(9/11/20)

    This feeling has been constant since shortly after my surgery. I always feel it from the moment I get up in the am until I fall asleep. It does get tighter after standing in one place for more than 5 minutes or a long walk. I have talked to my surgeon several times about it. The last time he...
  14. B

    TKR Shopping therapy too soon after rtkr(9/11/20)

    I am now 20 months post op rtkr. The tightness in soft tissue above and below my knee is 1/2 wide and goes across the front of my leg. At times, it is so tight it cuts into my leg. The way I describe it is a brace that is way too tight on my knee. Anyone know how to relieve this tightness?
  15. B

    TKR Shopping therapy too soon after rtkr(9/11/20)

    I have not been taking pain relievers as I have kidney and liver issues so don't want to make them worse. Also. I was told by ortho if you mask the pain you may push your knee too hard and prolong the recovery.
Back
Top Bottom