Recent content by Beachinnc

  1. Beachinnc

    TKR Beachinnc's recovery thread<

    Hey group, 18 months post op, (no pain!) went for appointment (scheduled by me) to see what to do about the continued popping of my TKR right knee cap. Scheduled orthoscopic procedure to "clean it up." Anyone else having a similar popping issue at 18 mos post op?
  2. Beachinnc

    TKR knee Replacement at 9 weeks

    @romanduffe @NavyGunns I'm 9 weeks post-op and also have that popping feeling/ sensation under my kneecap with almost every step I take. No pain just the annoying popping feel. My OS told me that it should go away at about 6 months. Thanks for your post regarding the same topic.
  3. Beachinnc

    TKR Beachinnc's recovery thread<

    TKR right knee, Jan 14, 8 weeks post op, walking unassisted. I have no actual knee pain but a lot of "popping" right on top of my knee cap when I walk. There is no pain in that area it just "pops and pings" ... if that makes any sense. Thinking it might be tendons or ligaments working themselves...
  4. Beachinnc

    TKR Beachinnc's recovery thread<

    5 weeks post op and feeling pretty good, off all pain meds, only take a Tylenol PM (2) at night. Second follow up with OS next week. Have not had any outpatient PT , 6 home visits completed on Feb 1 . As per forum guidance I have backed off most of my self PT and am walking unassisted, except...
  5. Beachinnc

    TKR PCL release post TKR<<

    My OS wanted to do both knees at once because they both do need replacement, agreed to do the right one first then the left one in a year so, can't imagine doing them both at once. I do notice a better gait when using my Walker (putting no weight on it at all) vs. just the cane. I have long...
  6. Beachinnc

    TKR PCL release post TKR<<

    Great information given in this thread, I'm 5 weeks post-op from total knee replacement, right knee, and sleep in 2 hour blocks at night right now. I find it actually easier to sleep during the day for some reason. At night I can't seem to get comfortable and just toss and turn plus my knee...
  7. Beachinnc

    TKR Beachinnc's recovery thread<

    I've got 2 pages of exercises that my PT said to do and I have been doing most of them twice a day (see prior post). What is really necessary for exercise other than walking around the house and normal activities at 4 week post op? I'm still using my walker mainly but will sometimes just use my...
  8. Beachinnc

    TKR Lindajill - Sleeping problem

    I'm at 4 weeks post-op tomorrow and still can't get a decent night's sleep, all I take for pain is tramadol (2 every 6 hours) and before I go to sleep at night I will take two tabs of (generic) Tylenol PM. Not sure if that does anything to help. For some reason I find it easier to sleep during...
  9. Beachinnc

    TKR Beachinnc's recovery thread<

    Thanks Josephine for your guidance.
  10. Beachinnc

    TKR Beachinnc's recovery thread<

    Josephine, thanks for your reply. I do elevate my leg when I do the supine hip abduction , 10 reps 2-3 sets per day, but when doing those it doesn't appear that my leg is hyper-extended.
  11. Beachinnc

    TKR Beachinnc's recovery thread<

    Thanks for your posts soccercop and LindyLee. I will be 4 weeks post-op on February 11. My surgery was completed at Moore Regional in Southern Pines NC. I'm hoping to transition from my Walker to a cane by next week and was not offered the icing system option but I've heard good things about...
  12. Beachinnc

    TKR Beachinnc's recovery thread<

    Right knee, 22 days post-op.
  13. Beachinnc

    TKR Beachinnc's recovery thread<

    I take one Tramadol every 6 hours and oxycodone when needed, which is usually about 1 a.m. every night and I will take two pills. I go through the day without taking any oxycodone. By full extension I mean stretching my leg straight out I ice my leg after every self PT session for about an...
  14. Beachinnc

    TKR Beachinnc's recovery thread<

    1. 4-5, my knee mainly aches in the knee cap area, once in awhile sharp pain and or a popping noise/feel when I'm exercising 2. Oxycodone-acetaminophen 5-325, prescribed to take 1-2 every 4-6 hours as needed for pain. Tramadol 50mg, 1 tab every 6 hrs as needed. This is my second prescription of...
  15. Beachinnc

    TKR Beachinnc's recovery thread<

    Thanks for posting your experience. Still using my walker and pretty much doing what you did, walking and doing a few exercises my PT left me with plus icing and elevation. Starting to sleep better at night also.
Back
Top Bottom