Recent content by BeachGal714

  1. B

    TKR 4 days into recovery

    About 11 weeks out now. Sleeping is SOOO much better. My PT place doesn't measure my flexion or extension, they seem to go by feel and I heard one say that I am breezing past 90 and maybe even 110 degrees. I can walk with no limp at all, nearly, just not quite as long as I'd like to. But I'm...
  2. B

    TKR 4 days into recovery

    Hello! 6 weeks out and still moderately miserable. Saw the surgeon and he says I'm progressing well though so I guess everything is normal. PT is great, it sucks and they hurt me a little, but I am motivated to go. Sleep is still evasive, which is a bummer. Any tips for super sensitive incision...
  3. B

    TKR 4 days into recovery

    I had a home nurse come by yesterday. She was impressed by my ability to get up and down the stairs on my own. The only thing that bothered her was the swelling but she agreed that i was doing what I need to do thus far. PT will come on monday for the first time. That will make me nervous for sure.
  4. B

    TKR 4 days into recovery

    5 days post op now. My leg, mostly knee and behind it, is very very swollen. I'm using the cryo machine religiously and elevating and also now strapping an ice pack to the back of my knee. My bowels woke up!! That's the best news ever. I will continue taking the stool softener as long as I am...
  5. B

    TKR 4 days into recovery

    Hello All I had my Left TKA on tuesday, 2/20, stayed one long night in the hospital and now I'm home. I've mastered the walker pretty quick. The home nurse will be coming today to assess my PT needs. The pain is moderate but not terrible. More annoying than anything else as I'm finding it...
  6. B

    TKR Left TKA Incoming!

    Thank you for the links and advice!
  7. B

    TKR Left TKA Incoming!

    Hi! I've been reading this forum for a while, even before seeing my ortho doc because I knew a total knee would be in my future. I'm 47 years old and so ready to get back to life here in sunny southern California! I played soccer for about 23 years, in addition to field hockey, softball...
Back
Top Bottom