Recent content by beachbuoy4

  1. B

    Welcome to the July Sparklers' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    I'd be interested to hear how much going out is being done by my July friends. I've been on two aeroplane trips, one to Ireland and one to Spain, since my tkr on right knee on 10th July. Both of the trips caused me real difficulties and quite a lot of pain but I think I would go insane if i...
  2. B

    TKR Heat not cold! After four weeks.

    Thank you for that quick response, skigirl. Just yesterday, i was told that the third blood test showed an infection marker significantly lower than the previous two. So, it looks as if I haven't got an infection and that is a relief. They suspect that I might have been doing too much...
  3. B

    Welcome to the July Sparklers' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    10th July tkr. Going great apart from ice not being a great help!
  4. B

    TKR Heat not cold! After four weeks.

    I am not recommending this to anyone, I'm simply sharing my experience. Around three weeks after tkr, I suddenly started having so much pain that I couldn't even put weight on it let alone walk. I've been through a very tough week of blood tests etc suspecting an infection but it seems to be...
  5. B

    Welcome to the July Sparklers' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    Hi everyone. I'm in the UK. Four weeks after tkr. Was going great but had a suspected clot last week, since been given all clear from that. And just today had the most incredible pain in the knee which my doctor says might be an infection. She's going to check more fully tomorrow. Through it...
Back
Top Bottom