Recent content by BDS

  1. B

    THR My Four-Year Hip Journey

    Thank you. I did phone my OS office and make an appointment like you advised. I'm just kind of freaking out, frustrated, and worst case scenario in my head. The anterior lower thigh and knee pain is really intense, with stiffness every time I get out of a chair. I'm taking ibuprofen and tylenol...
  2. B

    THR My Four-Year Hip Journey

    Hello all, Thanks again for all of the kind words and support on this site. I'm 9 months post-op from my Right total hip replacement now. My hip actually feels great, and doesn't give me hardly any issues at all, just occasional tightness. The last time I saw my surgeon was at the 6 month...
  3. B

    THR My Four-Year Hip Journey

    I followed up with my surgeon this week and he was SUPER impressed at my progress (especially me being able to cross my surgical leg over my non-surgical leg). He removed my extension restriction so that I can begin doing some extension stretching of my hip. It was a bit of an up and down week...
  4. B

    THR My Four-Year Hip Journey

    Thanks for the useful article, and advice everyone! I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one who has gone through this. The groin pain is actually a little bit better today (knocks on wood), but I went on a little walk outside today and my hip must have "popped/clicked" 500+ times (pretty...
  5. B

    THR My Four-Year Hip Journey

    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the kind words, and advice from everyone! I'm definitely sure I overdid it a bit, and I'm always one to try to push it to the limit (my wife yells at me all the time for it). I'm also a worrier when it comes to weird things happening in recovery, and I was just...
  6. B

    THR My Four-Year Hip Journey

    Hello all, Thank you for the replies and kind words! I very much appreciate it. I'm about 5 and 1/2 weeks post op from my right anterior THR and it has been a very up and down recovery. I have been using a cane for the past 3.5 weeks to walk and doing outpatient PT during most of that time...
  7. B

    THR My Four-Year Hip Journey

    Hello all, I'm a 33-year-old male who has been reading these forums for a while now, and I finally wanted to share my hip tale. I'm a healthy/athletic ER nurse who started having severe right hip pain without injury in 2015. After much investigation by my doctor, it was shown on X-ray and MRI...
Back
Top Bottom