Recent content by BarabooProud

  1. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    Recovery has been going pretty well! Thanks for asking! I feel like after about 2.5 months I really turned a corner. I'm able to go on longer walks (2-3 miles) and started resistance training again, which feels great since my stamina is still low. Don't get me wrong. I still wear out quickly...
  2. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    Makes total sense!
  3. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    Thanks! Like what is discussed on this platform, recovery includes more than ROM. I'm able to do so much more now without pain and swelling. Yesterday, I was able to watch my nephew golf in a tournament. I used a golf cart, of course, but still was able to be out and about for 4-5 hours without...
  4. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    I appreciate all your support, everyone! Thank you for your patience as I ask a lot of questions. Sometimes I wonder if when people say that their dr. never pushed PT, they may actually have had good ROM from the beginning so the dr. didn't have concerns. I was never talked to about ROM with my...
  5. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    @Jockette do you have members who did not get good results from the Bonesmart way? Just curious.
  6. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    @EalingGran, did you have pretty good ROM right after surgery?
  7. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    I asked my surgeon about the muscle guarding I have going on and if he had suggestions to help that. This was his answer: "This is unfortunately a no pain no gain scenario. You have to push through that discomfort to get the bend. Otherwise the scar will tighten at the degree you are at now...
  8. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    I agree. Function over numbers is the way to go!
  9. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    Thanks! And something I've realized is that the degree of flexion all depends on which way they measure you. I get a different number from each different PT I see! There are 3 different PT's that I end up seeing and they each measure me a different way.
  10. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    Now that I think about it, how can he determine if it's scar tissue without truly evaluating me? He just asked me to bend my knee back while sitting and that is all. I had an hour drive to get there, so I'm sure I had swelling, as a result. I'm thinking he looked at the PT notes, but must not...
  11. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    That makes sense. I guess I was meaning I can tell that my flexion isn't great going down stairs. I should've been more clear.
  12. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    Thanks for that advice, ladies. I feel a bit better now. I have no idea what my flexion was before surgery, but it was better than now since I could bike comfortably and now I lift my hip slightly and it's uncomfortable. Honestly, that's the level of flexion I'd like to get at - being able to...
  13. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    Went to my post op with the surgeon today. Since my flexion is at 104, he said I have one month to increase that flexion or he will want me to have an MUA. I'm just over 7 weeks right now. Thoughts? I'm very anxious about this news, but I knew it was coming.
  14. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    Thanks! I did that early on when the knee was more painful, but I haven't been icing and elevating quite as much lately. I'm noticing more tightness and swelling, so need to take time for icing and elevating!
  15. B

    TKR Post surgery - Finally!

    When I elevate and ice, how long should I make sure to keep my leg up? I guess I have a bit of swelling lately. Probably not taking it easy enough. I thought I saw on here that it takes at least 45 min of ice and elevation to positively impact the swelling?
Back
Top Bottom