Recent content by Baldylocks13

  1. Baldylocks13

    TKR Runner new to forum TKA June 22, 21

    The depression I have revolves around the thought of not being able to run regularly again. Today I learned from my PT that of the four ligaments that support the knee, I now only have one. I knew I no longer had an ACL (surgeon told me), but didn't know about the others. I'm thinking of taping...
  2. Baldylocks13

    TKR Running after knee surgery

    This is my question too, I'm 68, 5 months from TKR on left knee. Went for my first "run" today, just a slow mile or so with some walking. Went fine, will be interested in how much swelling I get.
  3. Baldylocks13

    TKR Reader's Left TKR Spacer Exchange

    Catalien45 how's your gardening? Can you squat much? That's what I'm working on is being able to squat more at 5 months out from TKR. Went on my first post surgery run today, a short 1.25miles with several walks. It went ok, with the exception of my non surgery knee giving me a pain...
  4. Baldylocks13

    Bilateral TKR Running after knee surgery

    Thanks for that, I too am looking at returning to running. I'm hoping the training I had regarding smooth gate reduces the impact somewhat. I'm 68 and don't anticipate much more that 30 miles/week. Really hope I can get that running high again (and even the sweet/pain of running hard).
  5. Baldylocks13

    TKR Runner new to forum TKA June 22, 21

    To add a post I click quote this message? is there another way to post?
  6. Baldylocks13

    TKR Reader's Left TKR Spacer Exchange

    The thing that cheers me up the most is people on here saying it will get better, and someday will be fine, that recovery can take a really long time (6 months to a year). Have hope, and know others are suffering with you! Though I sometimes think I shouldn't have gotten the operation (TKR, had...
  7. Baldylocks13

    TKR Runner new to forum TKA June 22, 21

    Not sure if I needed to quote your message, still learning how to navigate this platform. Yes, I go back and forth being optimistic or depressed. Got a second opinion on the shoot down your leg pain, he said it's referred pain from the knee and/or the spike they jammed into my Tibula. I do feel...
  8. Baldylocks13

    TKR Runner new to forum TKA June 22, 21

    Ok, so I just keep adding to this thread is the process? I'm almost four months out (Oct 24 will be about four months). My extension is at 0, flexion is 130 or 135 with manipulation. I'm still stiff, strength is improving, still sore and occasionally quite painful. I'm tolerating rolling over in...
  9. Baldylocks13

    TKR Runner new to forum TKA June 22, 21

    Thanks for the nice welcome. So can I only post replies when there is the "post reply" button? For example I'd like to reply to Gingerbread, who I think replied to my initial post.
  10. Baldylocks13

    TKR Runner new to forum TKA June 22, 21

    I'm 68 previous runner and am looking to run again post TKA. My surgery was Jun 22, 21. I'm walking pretty well now, and even did a short shuffle-jog the other day. I'm excited to see other runners and how they've done, especially how long they went before needing revision surgery. Running was...
Back
Top Bottom