Recent content by badknees82

  1. B

    TKR at 44

    @mtsumomm22 So glad to hear you’re doing well!! Careful w/stairs this early tho! Same thing happened when I had my medial reefing, micro fracture & lateral release. When that nerve block wore off a day or so later in the hospital in the middle of the night, YOWZERS! Keep up the good work &...
  2. B

    TKR at 44

    @mtsumomm22 I just now saw this & noticed your surgery was today! I do hope everything went well & I hope you continue to post thru your recovery. You’ll definitely have the downtime! My doc has already told me a partial wouldn’t work for me as all 3 compartments in my knee are fully arthritic...
  3. B

    TKR at 44

    @Rockgirl4: my original post states everything I’ve had done but it looks like your list almost! My own OS has said he’s done everything he can. All 3 compartments now have arthritis. I’m just mad I had a super painful surgery 5 years ago that never truly relieved the pain. Yes, it bought me 5...
  4. B

    TKR at 44

    @luvcats I just saw your post now. I hope your surgery went off w/o a hitch today! Keep us posted. I’ll definitely be following your progress.
  5. B

    TKR at 44

    Celle, Thank you for the good advice. I have a 2nd & 3rd opinion appt in Oct & Nov w/ 2 different OSs. I hope I can hang in till then. I’m having some pretty severe tibi ma or shin pain due to being bone on bone. I actually almost went to the ER a couple weeks ago thinking I had broken it...
  6. B

    TKR at 44

    And Roy, I can still pedal but I pay for it dearly afterwards & I definitely can’t go 5 days a week like I used to. I always loved spinning because it was 1 thing I could do w/little pain & I knew I wasnt hurting my knee continuing to do so. At least I thought I wasn’t. I will definitely take...
  7. B

    TKR at 44

    @mtsumomm22 I’m very excited for you! I hope you keep posting here & keep us all informed of your progress! That’s less than 2 weeks away, exciting ! I’ll be thinking of you on the 11th. What (if you don’t mind me asking) had your doctor tried before coming to the decision that replacement was...
  8. B

    TKR at 44

    luvcats, That’s what I’m worried about. I’ve gotten up to 190. I’m 5’9 but my orthopedist said that’s too heavy & that’s contributing to some of the pain. I told him I would weigh 150 like I used to if I could still go to spin classes (which I can’t). I’ve been seeing the same OS for 10 years...
  9. B

    TKR at 44

    Celle, Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly! Yes, that post was a few years ago & I'm in much worse shape now, knee-wise. You have put me at ease knowing not all revisions go wrong. I will check the surgeon locater on here & get in touch w/Jamie if need be. Again, thank you for...
  10. B

    Presurgery..... nervous

    Yes, best of luck & please do keep us posted. If you don’t mind me asking, have you had previous knee surgeries & what is the reason why your knees went bad so young? I’m 44 & looking at TKR.
  11. B

    TKR at 44

    Hi everyone, I’m interested in speaking to anyone who has had a TKR in their 40’s. I have bi-lateral valgus knee (knock-kneed). I had my first surgery @ 15 for a knee dislocation. I’ve had 2 subsequent surgeries on my right knee for torn meniscus, had a lateral release, medial reefing. I’ve...
  12. B

    OATS -MACI OATS vs TKR

    Hello everyone. Not sure if this is the correct forum to be posting this on, so if not, feel free to move. Writing this thru tears of pain so please understand. I'm 41 years old & have had numerous knee surgeries on both knees. My knee problems started at 15 w/knee dislocations. My most...
Back
Top Bottom