Recent content by aveart

  1. aveart

    Too young?

    Hey there! I'm a 43 yo LTKR on July 22, 2016. Injections of the steroid kind only worked for less than a year and I had the Synvisc injection done in October of 2015 ... I got about a month before I was back in the docs office. When I got my referral to my OS, looked at my X-ray and said that...
  2. aveart

    TKR Daily silver lining

    Thanks all, here I am 2:28 in the morning :( Mods, if you could help me with my signature, that would be great-- I had a LTKR on July 22, 2016 I have phyisio on Monday and I'm sooooo looking forward to it. He has been working on my thigh and hip because they are so very sore. After my last...
  3. aveart

    TKR Daily silver lining

    I'm still having a lit of trouble sleeping! Last night was nearly as bad as the night after my surgery. I'm wondering when I will ever get a proper rest :(
  4. aveart

    TKR Daily silver lining

    Today I yelled at my hubby :(. We have now established that there are to be no questions during my work-out. On the plus side, I managed my walk again and chatted with my neighbours till I had to excuse myself so that my knee didn't explode all over the place. Small win!
  5. aveart

    TKR Daily silver lining

    I really focussed on engaging my core during my last set and it really helped...I need to remember to slow down and do these sets properly! It's not like I'm running late to get anywhere right now!
  6. aveart

    TKR Daily silver lining

    Thanks for all this! I'll try a towel with my cryo-cuff and see if that helps the ache, otherwise I have been sticking with basic elevation. I'll try to add my signature on a regular computer, my iPad doesn't do 'hover' real well at all. With 30 years of knee issues, I feel pretty confident on...
  7. aveart

    TKR Daily silver lining

    Watching the rain come down makes me feel a little down today. I'm 2 weeks 3 days post op and have been lurking on this forum since I was released from the hospital. Things are going as expected: mood swings, difficulty sleeping, unexpected pain (wow! I wasn't ready!) restlessness. Trying to...
Back
Top Bottom