Recent content by Aprilgirl

  1. Aprilgirl

    TKR Torn cartilage after partial??

    Good to know that infection is a remote possibility! My current PT involves ultra sound treatments and stationary bicycling with careful exercises. The bursitis has improved and my ROM is back to 120 degrees.
  2. Aprilgirl

    TKR Torn cartilage after partial??

    Hi All, I'm back again to you experts. I had a total left knee revision surgery (partial replacement redo to a full replacement) about 10 months ago and a partial right knee replacement 9 months ago. The revision knee has been the most work of the two, as expected I guess. I am now seeing a...
  3. Aprilgirl

    PKR + [MUA] One manipulation and one partial done!

    Hi There- Aprilgirl's is back. I am two days post-op of a partial right knee replacement. Eight weeks ago I had a revision left knee replacement And I can say now that was a huge surgery. I know that I should NOT be comparing one surgery to another, but for me it is remarkable. Just before...
  4. Aprilgirl

    4+ Weeks post op-I'm getting tired of this!

    Hi There- Aprilgirl's is back. I am two days post-op of a partial right knee replacement. Eight weeks ago I had a revision left knee replacement And I can say now that was a huge surgery. I know that I should NOT be comparing one surgery to another, but for me it is remarkable. Just before...
  5. Aprilgirl

    4+ Weeks post op-I'm getting tired of this!

    Thanks for your reply! My pain and redness is centered on the lower end of my incision so that is about DL3. The other end is at about CL3, that end is also red, but not as sore. I'm not running a temp but I do feel very tired. Does one have to have a fever to show an infection? I do see my OS...
  6. Aprilgirl

    4+ Weeks post op-I'm getting tired of this!

    Hi All, I haven't written for awhile but I need a little encouragement from others who understand. I had a revision knee replacement on Feb 24. And I know not to compare to my first partial replacement -but this recovery is soo slow! I still have a lot of pain with several very sore "spots"...
  7. Aprilgirl

    4+ Weeks post op-I'm getting tired of this!

    Hi All, I am now 2+weeks out of surgery and I am feeling better everyday! I have a few tips I would like to pass on for the first days home; maybe someone will find them helpful. I tried downloading a "Medication Reminder" app on my phone but it never alerted me to take any meds! Instead I made...
  8. Aprilgirl

    4+ Weeks post op-I'm getting tired of this!

    Hi Elisea, I am one week post op today. And I have to say that I woke up not feeling very well. I tried skipping my 6:00AM Oxy and replaced it with just Tylenol extra strength. Why? Don't know but it sounded reasonable at 6:00 am. My knee is also very swollen and sore. My bowels would appreciate...
  9. Aprilgirl

    4+ Weeks post op-I'm getting tired of this!

    Thanks everyone for your kind wishes! Nana Mo I feel the same way. I'm in quilts up to my neck but I have lots of ice on my knee! Continued well being everyone! Lori in Minnesota
  10. Aprilgirl

    Most/Least Helpful?

    I'm really glad I brought some wintergreen mints! Every time they gave me a different Med in my IV- I could "taste" it.
  11. Aprilgirl

    4+ Weeks post op-I'm getting tired of this!

    Hi everyone on the other side-I am joining you! I had my TLKR done on Monday, Feb 24th. My hubby and I were at the hospital at 5:45 AM. I was brought back to a beautiful corner surgery prep room where I could watch the sunrise. They drew blood, took a blood pressure and oxygen level and hooked...
  12. Aprilgirl

    Most/Least Helpful?

    Thank you-that's an excellent question! I'm packing too. Lori
  13. Aprilgirl

    Aprilgirl's Journey-a partial revision to 2 total knees

    I had a "reminder" of how bad my knee has become today! I've taught 36 years of kindergarten and I retired almost 3 years ago. Today I went back to help with some preschoolers in a screening process. I sat in a tiny chair, standing up often, demonstrated how to balance on one foot, how to hop...
  14. Aprilgirl

    Aprilgirl's Journey-a partial revision to 2 total knees

    Hi All, I am one week away from getting my revision of a left partial knee. The journey begins again, problem is that I don't remember many of the details of my first hospital stay and what I remember I get mixed up with a b cancer surgery and hospital stay. I do remember loving the hospital...
  15. Aprilgirl

    Back again, LPKR revision....dejavu all over again!

    Hi Sissy-I don't know if I have a thread.....do you just keep posting on a former question? Won't the topic name be wrong?? I'll have to look into it. Yes, I would be happy to walk this journey with you and anyone else! I'm busy organizing a big quilt retreat this weekend so I will be busy to...
Back
Top Bottom