Recent content by AnnieS

  1. A

    Any good surgeons in Australia (Sydney)?

    Hi Josephine, This of offi topic but I thought with your wealth of experience you could give me some insight to this. My mother in law broke her ankle in a fall last year (she's 86 yrs old). They performed surgery on the ankle and put in plates and screws to put it back together. They said...
  2. A

    Any good surgeons in Australia (Sydney)?

    I think he did have the MIS, the cut was approx 10cm on each side. At the moment the physio is concentrating on his back muscles as they have degenerated (not sure if this is the right word). Because he had AVN for 7 years and during this period he did not walk or do any exercise because of...
  3. A

    Any good surgeons in Australia (Sydney)?

    Hi Sonia and everyone, Just a quick update that my husband did his bilateral THR on the 18/12/07 at the Sydney Adventist Hospital. I must say that was one of the best hospitals I've ever been to in Sydney, our doctor was great and all the nurses were really good/helpful and caring and...
  4. A

    Overseas trip after Bilateral THR?

    Hi Josephine, Thanks for your reply. We will talk to his doctor and see what he thinks and also see his progress during this time. I hadn't thought about sitting in the plane issue, I was more thinking about medical issues such as blood clotting/circulation, cause of the air pressure...
  5. A

    Overseas trip after Bilateral THR?

    Hi, My husband has his Bilateral THR on the 18/12/07. We asked the doctor if it was okay to travel overseas on the 28/01/08 (8 hour flight) post his surgery? He said it was okay as long as his recovery was within the expected/average time period. His first post op doctors visit is on the...
  6. A

    How can I choose between all the different materials?

    Hi there, My husband went to the doctor last time and he asked what type of material will he use or reccommend. The doctor suggested metal on metal for his age (40 yrs) because apparantly, with metal on metal the ball head is larger hence enabling much more movement such as crouching down...
  7. A

    Any good surgeons in Australia (Sydney)?

    Hi SoniaS, Thank you for your reply. Why are you not suitable for MIS? I thought MIS was just a surgical method and not dependant on the person. Just a question, do you know approx how much in total it would cost for the THR? Annie
  8. A

    Any good surgeons in Australia (Sydney)?

    Hi, My husband will see the doctor and get a refferal to see a specialist for his hips. He needs THR in both hips, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good doctor in Australia? We would like to do the MIS method. I know most people are in the US but any one has done THR in...
Back
Top Bottom