Recent content by annierich

  1. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    Another update. It's now 11 weeks post op and I'm continuing to make good progress. I don't use a stick indoors and only use it outside occasionally. I can walk up and downstairs normally and I managed to put my socks on today - without help! I still can't fasten my shoes yet. We have just...
  2. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    A little update. I'm now on day 30 post surgery and doing well. I've finished the dreaded heparin injections - my tummy is bruised all over!- and I haven't taken any painkillers for several days. There are days when I can manage indoors without a walking stick and I now only use one stick...
  3. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    For those who might be interested I'm continuing to make progress. It's now Day 18 and I can now get up off chairs without arms and I've dispensed with the loo seat raiser. I can get in and out of bed on my own - my husband appreciates that!- and I found myself walking normally downstairs today...
  4. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    @Tweefishy a leg trough is a trough made out of foam and covered in something wipe able that I found my leg in when I woke up after surgery. It supported my leg wonderfully and stopped it from flopping it outwards when I was asleep. LTHR 04/07/2015 Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  5. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    Day 6. I've had a very small walk outside. It was still very warm outside at 7pm (UK) but it was lovely to be outside. I have a swollen ankle but I've elevated it most of today and will probably ice tomorrow. Slow progress but I'm happy. My husband asked if anything hurt as he accompanied me on...
  6. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    Day 4 - Fybogel works. I feel so much better! Leg trough has arrived and I'm using it while I've got my leg up on a stool. It's brilliant. LTHR 04/07/2015 Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  7. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    Day 3 - Had an uncomfortable night last night for my first night at home. I've ordered myself a leg trough as I had one in hospital and that seemed to be really comfortable. I hope it arrives soon. I've also had a Fybogel - I hope that starts to work soon. I'm resting and just walking to the loo...
  8. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    Had op at 10am on Saturday. Just arrived home!! The NHS at Harrogate Hospital looked after me brilliantly. Thank you.
  9. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    Had a very good night's sleep last night. Pain is totally under control. I'm booked for an X-ray today and provided the physics are happy with me I might be discharged today!
  10. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    I slept well last night albeit in long bursts. Being woken at 2am to have my blood pressure taken! This morning I have got myself washed and dressed and the physio had me getting in and out of bed and walking with a zimmer. The painkillers and anti nausea pills are working well. The only...
  11. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    Sorry me again. Yes the heart murmur was a non issue. Phew!!
  12. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    @Teacup no she's an English Springer Spaniel x English Pointer. 11 yrs old and mad as a box of frogs!!
  13. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    Back from theatre. All went well. The anaesthetist had a problem getting the spinal anaesthetic in but he managed it in the end. I had sedation but I did here some banging and talking. I have flotron cuffs on. My blood pressure is a bit low so I probably won't be getting up today. Pain is now...
  14. annierich

    THR Annie's journey continues

    Off to hospital this afternoon complete with some dried apricots and prunes to snack on post op. Good luck to anyone else who is having their op tomorrow like me. LTHR due 04/07/2015 Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  15. annierich

    Need Post-op Hippies Thoughts Please

    Hi! I'm almost 63 and am due to have a THR on Saturday. I can no longer ride a bike, take our dog for a walk, put my sock on, tie my shoe laces, dry my lower leg and foot. Sleeping is uncomfortable and if I overdo it one day I'm exhausted later on. I decided that 'enough was enough' and even my...
Back
Top Bottom