Recent content by AnnaF

  1. AnnaF

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    @SherrieT I’m 4 months post op. I’m having all types of symptoms. Numbness in my foot, sharp pain like a shock in the knee & stiffness. Not bending so well either. Tired of analyzing all this. I guess I’ll just deal with it. Spoke to someone who said she’s still stiff after 1 1/2 yrs.
  2. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    @ CdnCarol Thank you
  3. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    Any suggestions on how I can alleviate this stiffness? How long does this last?
  4. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    Knee still swells. I still ice & elevate 2/3 xs daily. Have a hard time sleeping in bed. I do all my housework, cooking etc. Get very tired when I go out. Does the swelling last a long time? Gets so stiff sometimes. Taking Tylenol 2xs morning and night.
  5. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    Did anyone experience numbness in their foot of the TKR?
  6. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    I don’t feel bad on the treadmill. My balance is good. I keep the speed very very slow. Any ideas on how I can improve my ROM. SORRY this still drives me crazy. At least I’m not crying everyday
  7. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    I’m 3.5 months post op. My ROM is about 92. My extension is 0/1. I’m doing my daily chores laundry, cooking, cleaning. The only real exercise I do is 5 mins. On the treadmill because my knee swells moderately. If I stand too long doing things, it swells too. I really want to improve my ROM but...
  8. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    No matter what the activity my knee still swells. If I do my everyday chores, dishes, laundry, cooking, it immediately swells. Is that normal?
  9. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    I can’t do a complete turn on bike only back & forth
  10. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    I have no pain except if I force a bend. Just stiffness.
  11. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    @Josephine 1000 mg. Tylenol morning & evening Elevating about every hour or two & icing for at least 30 minutes I stopped all PT exercises. I am only doing my cooking, cleaning, usual daily routine I go on the treadmill once a day for 5 minutes NO MORE EXERCISES
  12. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    1. Pain level 1 except when over bending 5 2. Only Tylenol 3. Moderate 4. ROM 90 extension 0/1 5. Depends when I overdo. 2/3 times a day 6. Elevating 3/4 daily especially after overdoing 7. Housework, cooking cleaning. Not too much shopping. 8. Stopped all exercises. Just daily routine...
  13. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    It’s 12 wks. Should my knee swell with a 5 minute walk on treadmill?
  14. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    @Josephine , Yes I’d be willing to answer any questions you have.
  15. AnnaF

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    I’m in my 12th week post op. Still swelling and ROM only about 90 extension 0/1. I still can’t sleep in bed. So uncomfortable. Any comments. I am doing my everyday routine bathing, making meals, laundry although I tire easily. I feel like I’m not recuperating quickly enough. I cry every morning...
Back
Top Bottom