My right hip replacement was in May. My alloted PT time on my health plan ended mid-July. I continued PT on a wellness program an additional month paying for it 100% out of pocket. Recovery continues slowly, but aches, pains and swelling continue. Still can't find the "happy place" of...
6 week checkup today. Asked about my right foot swelling and stiffness. Was told it is normal and expect swelling for a few more months. We told my overall condition was "normal" for a 2 week post op. I told OS about stiffness when sitting or when getting up after sleeping. He said that...
My TRH surgery was May 7th. I've progressed well with PT and not using cane much at all but, I still have swelling in my foot every day. Work from home only for now a few hours each day. Elevate and ice as much as possible. Of of script pain meds for a week now -- over the counter only...
Today 3 weeks since surgery. Starting outsource PT this week. Still using walker and cane. Trying to graduate to cane only. Right leg get very tight behind knee and dead/heavy feeling when I get up from sleeping or resting (I don't think I could use cane then). I have lots of swelling in right...
Home yesterday. Storms rolled through and made our phone and internet service go out. Had good night's sleep. Awake at 5 am (the time they took my blood while in the hospital). Used the toilet and took a single pain pill and was off to sleep again. Had a bowel movement today so that makes...
Day 3 tightness in thigh muscle. Walked a good bit yesterday and began walking to. Bathroom rather than using bedside potty. Nurse to bring in pain meds and a muscle relaxer prior to ot getting dressed this am then usual pt sendinsessions. They are talking of sending me home tomorrow.
Day 2. Good night of rest. No pain just slight pressure. Had pt walked around room with walker. Pt and ot are impressed with me. More pt this afternoon with group of other patients. Or i mean campers since we are at joint camp,
In room since 11am ate little lunch mostly thirsty. Dry mouth and indigestion.getting better this evening.Only asked for pain med once after nurse repacked bandage and pad under me. Out of bed twice.got lightheaded had togo slow. Have to get out to pee soon. Bp and heartrate up some tonight...
Last day dealing with the birth hip. I'm trying to relax as much as possible. Going to get the hair trimmed up and then off to be some buy so flowers to plant (I'm a gardener so flowers always make me feel better). Thanks for all the well wishes and links for me to read up on. This forum has...
PrincessMay Yes lists lists lists. I had them for work; what we need to do at home, what to ask the dr.; etc. I'm thinking it is what it is now :) We've made several meals ahead of time and have them vacuum sealed in the freezer (grab and heat up). My DH is taking vacation time for my 1st...
Last day in the office today. Had preop meeting this afternoon, my surgery will be 1st one on Tuesday. I'll have to be at the hospital by 5:30 am. I'm glad its first thing in the morning.
Thanks to the moderator for the links. Good luck to you TennisNut maybe we can compare post op posts.
Any preop "must ask" questions I need to ask. I already have my list to ask about non procedure items such as: Obtaining a Temporary Handicapp Placard & getting scripts for future dental...
Newbie: I have RTHR on Tuesday May 7th. Working until tomorrow. Stressed to the max! So irritable lately from months of achy pain, lack of sleep and stress. I just hope my husband can put up with all my issues for a little longer. Unfortunately we are just over the honeymoon status. We married...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.