Recent content by angelw

  1. A

    THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

    I have been a wreck and am terrified every step I take and each time I get up or down and especially when I get in and out of bed. Getting out is how this happened. I cannot figure out how to get out without sliding this leg to the side which is a no no.as I pull my butt up am try to move to the...
  2. A

    THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

    Thank you so much. Just so scared with every little ache and tweak now each time I get up and down and especially getting in and out of bed. I cannot seem to get up without everything pulling because now because I am not supposed to slide the leg to the side. I try to pull up with my arms and...
  3. A

    THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

    Makes me paranoid to move! I imagine that it has already started to heal as bones do but now I grip the walker so hard and tight that all the muscles around the armpit area and breast have pulled and ache and yesterday when I coughed something ripped. I could feel it in the breastbone behind...
  4. A

    THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

    Has anyone had a trochanter fracture that healed without surgery?
  5. A

    THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

    The way a seat on the wheel chair is hurts my leg when I sit. The support is not there and it hurts my operated side :sad:
  6. A

    THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

    I called the Dr. again today because I was so nervous and really didn't ask much yesterday. He said it is called a Trochanter fracture and normally heals without revision surgery, He said just walk straight and avoid putting leg out to the side or swinging to the side. Now I have had all...
  7. A

    THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

    I do. My biggest fear is now getting into and out of bed that I may pull everything and make it worse. when I wake up after sleeping a couple of hours on my back it is so stiff and when I move it feels like it is all pulling and very painful. how do I not pull the leg and buttocks muscles and...
  8. A

    THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

    Went to the doc and got an xray. Seems the bone right above the replacement has a slight fracture. He said the way I turned in bed could have caused the muscle attached to it to pull on it and that is what did it. Says has to heal like a broken rib would so I will be fine but no up and down...
  9. A

    THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

    I have an appointment at 9 this morning. Thank you for caring. I will let you all know how I make out.
  10. A

    THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

    Thank you so much for replying! :'( I was not sure anyone would have. My surgery was 11/16 and it was my right hip. I am scared. the pain is all in the groin and top of thigh and down to the knee. When I go to sit down, or get up it is painful and getting on or off the toilet is excruciating! I...
  11. A

    THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

    It has been a month and doing great but this morning woke up and went to move and felt a little snap, or pop, I do not know how to see describe it. Like a pull at top of my thigh and on the side and suddenly hurting and some burning! I am so scared. Have had no pain and have been so careful...
Back
Top Bottom