Recent content by Angel17701

  1. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    Thank you!
  2. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    Wishing everyone many blessings of health, healing, peace and goodness in the new year. Thank you everyone who has reached out to me. It will be a year January 16th.
  3. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    A happy and blessed Christmas to all! This year is very hard for me. It’s the first Christmas without my beloved husband. Thank you all so much for your kindness and encouragement. @Eire1 , I have one rescue dog who is part boxer, terrier and lab. She’s my feisty girl who is always on guard. My...
  4. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    @Jockette @Booger I saw my surgeon. He said I likely did some “super human” twist and moved my knee. The prosthetic is on a rotating platform which accounts for the slide feel. The super human comment is because of my extraordinary flexibility, it’s hard with prosthetics and partially led to...
  5. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    Thanks, I sure didn’t sleep much last night. My heart pounded so hard I thought I’d have a heart attack. This happened before and resolved but I think last night was worse. I appreciate you reaching out. I’m a wreck. I have 2 dogs and I worry about them if I have to go to the hospital. Sleep well.
  6. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    Hi @Jockette,@Eire1 and all, I’m not sure I’m going to survive this knee. Now I’m fearing infection. Last night as I was moving around in my recliner, I thought I felt strange movement in my knee. Right after, my knee was so swollen I could barely bend it. I hobbled my way to the kitchen for...
  7. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    Hi @Jockette It was pure love for my husband and a strong will helped by prayer. I knew he needed me. His prognosis was bad. I had to be with him. Today has been hard. I miss him so much and feel very alone. It’s difficult.
  8. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    @Jockette I'm truly sorry you were injured. I do understand your situation with your husband needing you. That’s the same situation I was in when I fell on my knee and tore the ligament. I didn’t seek care for it as he needed me. It was a very difficult time. He passed the following year.
  9. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    Fair play , as they say here, using the stairs the way you do is an excellent idea-( it’s a compliment!) Thank you, @Eire1. With the surgeries I’ve had I’ve had to be resourceful.
  10. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    @Jockette They are carpeted too so I don’t worry about slipping. With two railings I feel secure getting up. I know the kind of walker you’re referring to as my mom had one. They really slide! I remember putting the brakes on for her to sit down. I’m thankful you got up unscathed. @Eire1He’s a...
  11. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    @Jockette I’ve done this before with previous knee surgeries. I lay on the floor at the top of the stairs. I use the top step and the rails to to get up. Pushing up with my quads assured me they aren’t weak. I have, felt twinges of the pain since but stopping and consciously stretching the leg...
  12. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    @Eire1 I finally got the shower installed. A guy who does odd jobs put the new one up on Friday.
  13. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    I just stretched out on the floor and did some stretching. I noticed the the puffiness behind my knee disappeared afterwards. It felt good to stretch behind my leg and my back. Thank you @Eire1 as you have given me a glimmer of hope that things can get better. Feeling that pain and your knee...
  14. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    Hi @Jockette and all, As you know I’m recovering from a right knee replacement revision (9/24). When I gave up the walker a month ago shortly after that I got this sharp pain behind my knee radiating up my the front of my thigh. It has taken my breath away and caused my knee to give out. Some...
  15. A

    Revision TKR No patience

    I normally wouldn’t have either but it’s so hard to get help and it looked easy and the one I have is leaking. I’m just discouraged my leg started paining again. I feel like I’m never going to be able to walk normally. I have noticed it’s when I push off with my toes is when it hurts the most...
Back
Top Bottom