Andysdad

I am a 61 year old retired UK firefighter, my main hobby is playing golf. I used to enjoy running, mountain walking and other active sports but due to a very painful knee ,active hobbies are now minimal. I have been told by an orthopaedic surgeon (oxfordshire) that I need a TKR. He also said that my cruciate ligament had ruptured and will also need repair. I saw the surgeon back in March 2015 and he said it was up to me if I wanted surgery or to continue to manage the pain with painkillers. He informed me that the condition of my knee was such that he would prioritise the operation if I decided to go ahead.

As it was the beginning of the summer period I decided to wait until end of summer and then review. To be honest some days my knee is only moderately painful but other days, and nights, if he was on speed dial I would have the surgery there and then. Undoubtedly it is getting worse and I will have to have the surgery soon. Has anyone had a TKR in Banbury/Oxford area that would share their experience, and who is the best surgeon etc ?
Birthday
May 24, 1954 (Age: 72)
Location
Oxfordshire
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Occupation
Retired

Signature

TKR November 24, 2015
Back
Top Bottom