Recent content by amber777

  1. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    Thanks for that @mendogal. It’s been 9 years since my first one. You are right that even with some discomfort is so much better than it was.
  2. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    Still sore all around the knee cap and still achey. I don’t remember the first knee being like this. I’m really wanting the same result as my first knee 9 years ago. Probably not possible. Feeling frustrated.
  3. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    Still have some tightness and some pain. Not the amount of pain from before, but I thought it would be gone by now. I’m probably just impatient.
  4. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    My incision is so itchy. Is this normal? I don’t remember it being like this the first time.
  5. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    Thank you @mendogal, I’m going to try not to worry about it too much and just focus on the journey.
  6. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    @Jockette @Mutti3 thank you for your support. I think I’ll still get there. But it’s hard hearing they’re disappointed in your recovery.
  7. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    So I’m back at work. My work isn’t demanding on the knee. It’s aching more now though and feels quite tight. Had my final physio and she seamed disappointed in my ROM. I was at 100 according to her, however she says my 9 year old replacement is also only 100 which I know for certain it is not...
  8. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    @Layla thank you. It’s going well. Still some swelling and still sore sometimes. Weirdly sometimes my other one aches too.
  9. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    My husband accidentally grabbed it once without thinking and I hit him after, he felt bad. Also dropped my purse on it one day and both were painful, so yes I’m protecting it.
  10. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    @sistersinhim I don’t disagree with you about my PT person, here in Alberta Canada we are given 8 PT sessions covered buy Alberta health care and no choice of location or person. I’m doing what I can going though required PT but I have 3 sessions left and then I’m on my own. Kind of looking...
  11. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    Kind of frustrated with physios expectations for my recovery. She said you’re really protective of that knee, I said it’s only been 6 weeks give me a break. I feel like going to physio is an exercise in shoulding all over myself and then I feel bad as I haven’t done enough. I haven’t done my...
  12. amber777

    TKR 90 degree bend

    I just reached 90 at 6 weeks post op, 2 weeks is crazy to expect that. Your knee probably feels like there is a solid ball in there from the swelling. I don’t think you can get your ROM back fully until your swelling goes away and that time is different for everyone. I’m 7 weeks now and still...
  13. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    Had my 6 week check yesterday. My surgeon was very happy. In his opinion I have full extension and excellent bend. He didn’t measure anything though. He said at 6 weeks it’s doing great. Said I can ditch the cane whenever I feel ready. :egypdance::flwrysmile: It’s not completely pain free yet...
  14. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    @Layla i walk away from it all the time. I will try focusing on heel toe walking.
  15. amber777

    TKR LTKR Done

    I’m not sure when I’ll know that I no longer need to use my cane. I’ve had a limp for so many years that I can’t tell if it’s still there or gone.
Back
Top Bottom