Hello!
The massage went very well. It's good to let the masseuse know about your knee, and they can work with the scar tissue and they will work on that. It loosens everything up and it does feel a little better. I am still struggling with the pain but slowly getting better. All the best to...
Thank YOU Deb... I have a massage appointment tomorrow and I will have him work on it. Curious, do you remember the time frame? they tell me 4-6 weeks...
@mendogal thank you for your response, it sounds like massage is the "go to" to get this loosened up!
5.5 MONTHS POST-OP - IT BAND SYNDROME
This will be a RANT: This IT Band Syndrome is SO painful! It feels like after surgery, and it woke me up twice last night. My PT person says it will go away eventually (4-6 weeks), but I feel like it's getting worse. I am icing and doing my exercises, but...
5 MONTHS POST-OP - IT BAND SYNDROME
Now I know what the terrible pain is: IT Band Syndrome. My PT person diagnosed it today. Apparently it is common with bowl-legged people (which was not my case) so I guess I overdid activity and it just gets worse and worse. I was given hip and butt...
5 MONTHS POST OP
I am still struggling with replacing the left side of my TKR. Walking is ok, but moving to the side is excruciating... similar to after the surgery. I don't know how common this is, I will see PT tomorrow and I might ask for an x-ray?
I don't know, but I'm bummed! Any...
@EalingGran, thank you for your response! I don't know the technical term, but it sounds right. I have been doing quad and hamstring strength as per my PT. I will try patience, not pushing too hard, and adding stretching! Thank you.
:)
5 MONTHS POST OP
Hello Bonesmart People!
It has been a little over 5 months since my surgery. I have been moving along pretty well. But over the last few weeks I have had pain on the left side of my knee. I can do the elliptical but now it is painful to ride the stationary bike (even...
@Nay Nay Hello!
I do have that tight band feeling. I think it lasts a while. I used ice last night since I spent a lot of time on my feet this past week. I just want to be normal, but the knee wants what the knee wants! (TO HEAL) It was a radical surgery and I understand why it's slow. but...
4.5 MONTHS POST-OP
Checking in here!
I have been back to my life (sorta). Recently been doing a lot of "stand up" work, organizing pantries and kitchens for my new business. Today my knee is pretty sore and tight. I have more pain than I did with my right knee at this stage which is really...
3 MONTHS & 14 DAYS POST OP
Venting: UGGG. I cannot forget about this long recovery. Just when you think it's safe to get in the water! I should be all good by now, right? WRONG. I do my 25-minute super light walking in place, some upper body weights (only 4 lbs), and my regular PT...
3 MONTHS & SOME CHANGE
Thank you @Layla for your well wishes! I continue on the journey.
I am having a LONGER length of time between being fatigued and knee in pain. The other day I did a 25-minute mild cardio and some upper body weights and knee exercises. I did o.k. the next day and moved...
That would be more reasonable (pacing myself) what a good idea! I have a "binge" personality... which looks like I have applied to my recovery-- LOL :oyvey:Today I will take the morning off and then approach my day, with a little walk an appointment, and house stuff. I think I will schedule my...
2 MONTHS & 22 DAYS - POST OP
Hello Bonesmart People!
Checking in. Just about 3 months... I can do sorta long walks: about one 1.5 hours. I can go out and do restaurants and do sightseeing. I have been sorting through paperwork and cleaning and organizing my office. Up and down stairs a lot...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.