Thanks Jacey. Just came in from the barn. Started to limp from sharp pain the the patella so let hubby finish the chores. Now have the leg elevated and icing with the breg cooler. May or may not head to the gym depending on how it feels in an hour. Hate to have to choose between the gym and...
Walked a little over a mile yesterday on level ground! Played with my horse and hubby put her saddle on for me. I didnt get on--just getting her used to it again. I did clean the stalls, picked out her hooves, and fixed up her supplement. Then collapsed into my recliner too tired to make...
Hi Smarties!
I am in my sixth week of recovery and this is my first post OP post. I have been reading stories and help articles here all along (no need to post the helpful links in this thread, I have read them all!), and am so grateful to this site for answering the zillion questions one has...
Yes. I had too many unanswered questions and needed more time to research and think things through. I did two months of preop PT and the therapist helped me decide to reschedule the surgery.
Follow up. at the pre-op with the surgeon on the 17th some red flags were raised.
Because I am hypermobile, the surgeon says he'll have to stretch my ligaments to get them to hold the implant securely. This will result in my involved leg becoming longer than my other leg. since i have had...
Thanks for everyone's responses. I went for a short, relatively easy, 1.8 mile hike last night. I felt awesome the first 2/3 of the hike--strong, pain-free, in alignment. but the last 1/3 killed me--a gradual downhill threw my alignment out and i woke up in pain and needing ice this morning...
Hi All
I'm scheduled for a RTKR on Oct 28th. I'm using the OS my sports medicine doc referred me to two years ago. Everyone raves about how he is the best in the region. I know a number of his TKR patients and they are all back to leading full lives--hiking, snowshoeing, horseback riding...
My GP recommends raising your body temperature by using a very hot sauna or steam room to boost your immune system. I do this 3x a week in winter.
If you don't have access to these she also recommends putting on a lot of warm clothes and roasting yourself in a sleeping bag. You can also take...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.