Recent content by Ali21

  1. A

    THR Groin Pain Post THR

    Latest update - 8 weeks post op. Groin pain continues, with some tenderness across psoas muscle. Last in home PT today. She advised me to continue with the previous exercises & add stair climbing with affected leg. Also to try bridging with unaffected leg elevated (so more intense) in addition...
  2. A

    THR Groin Pain Post THR

    Thanks again for the advice & alternate regime. I know that today, after doing the new exercises, I am in more pain & that hasn't happened before.
  3. A

    THR Groin Pain Post THR

    Thank you so much for the above advice. My PT came today & has recommended the following new, additional exercises: * single leg bridging, on affected leg; working up to 3 sets of 10 twice daily. This is hard. * supine leg abduction, 3 sets of 10 twice daily. I have never done this exercise as...
  4. A

    THR Groin Pain Post THR

    * Just woke up and pain level is 5/10. Not sleeping for very long periods. * GP has prescribed Hydromorphone 6mg BID (stopped taking this a week ago), Hydromorphone 2mg Q6H prn, Lyrica 25mg TID, Lyrica 75mg HS. I have Tylenol 650mg & Meloxicam 7.5mg at home also. My current regime is to take...
  5. A

    THR Groin Pain Post THR

    I am a 53 yr old female, 7 weeks post hip replacement (arthritis following Perthes disease in childhood). I am still experiencing severe groin pain similar to my arthritis, but sometimes "sharper". At my 2 wk follow up my surgeon made me fee like a drug seeker when I told him I still needed to...
Back
Top Bottom