Recent content by AlbertTatlock

  1. AlbertTatlock

    THR Had my 2nd hip put in yesterday.

    Hi there, at what stage, roughly, am I supposed to be able to stand unaided, and without leaning, only on my operated leg. I had my first replacement in February and still cannot stand on that one unaided without leaning over massively to compensate for more than a few seconds. Is there a...
  2. AlbertTatlock

    THR Had my 2nd hip put in yesterday.

    Thanks I’m not sure the difference - is anterior where you have a scar on the side (like a pocket) ? If so then that is what I have .
  3. AlbertTatlock

    THR Had my 2nd hip put in yesterday.

    1 week after surgery and recovery is going relatively well. Although I seem to have developed a pinch nerve at the front of my hip which is causing pain when trying to move about. Does anyone know if this is common or should I be concerned ?
  4. AlbertTatlock

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I’m suffering a from some blues. I know that it’s lack of sleep (writing this in my chair while everyone else is asleep) mostly caused the the restless, aching and swollen leg. If anyone else out there is reading this , then at least we’re in it together. We’ll get there !!!!
  5. AlbertTatlock

    THR Had my 2nd hip put in yesterday.

    As it turns out, a very different t experience to the first one. The first one didn’t start hurting until the end of day2. This one was agony about an hour after surgery. This lasted a couple of hours then got some meds and managed to control the pain. And now I have almost no pain at all when I...
  6. AlbertTatlock

    THR 6 months after surgery - slight dull pain in femur

    Thanks, that’s very encouraging to know
  7. AlbertTatlock

    THR 6 months after surgery - slight dull pain in femur

    I created a little diary during the recovery period of my first THR. I wanted to post it in the Hope that it may help someone else. I had a lot of fear before the operation but now - 6. Months later I am glad I did it. I’ve got the next one coming up in 5 weeks. ==================== MY DIARY...
  8. AlbertTatlock

    2023 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    I am having my second total hip replacement (left leg) on September 12th
  9. AlbertTatlock

    THR 6 months after surgery - slight dull pain in femur

    Hello all, 6 months into having the right hip replaced (anterior) and 5 weeks until the left one gets done too. i want to make sure my right leg is as recovered as possible in order to support me while the left one is out of action. generally, it’s been going really well. The recovery took a lot...
Back
Top Bottom