Recent content by AlaskaMan

  1. A

    TKR Three Weeks Today

    My inscision
  2. A

    TKR Three Weeks Today

    Here is my bend. Note the sexy compression socks!
  3. A

    TKR Three Weeks Today

    Thanks, that was a good article. I do believe my background in powerlifting helps me recover because I understand small increases followed by rest to allow the muscles, tendons, and ligaments to heal incrementally stronger. You increase your weight maybe 5lbs a week, some weeks none at all...
  4. A

    TKR Three Weeks Today

    Oh yes. I used to compete as a powerlifter for many years. I have had to come back from numerous injuries and a few surgeries. Recuperating from an injury is basically push yourself just a tiny bit, then ice, rest and do it again tomorrow. Once you overdo, you just went backwards. I'm still...
  5. A

    TKR Three Weeks Today

    I do have about 1/2 difference on my legs now, but I'm hopeful some heel lifts can fix that.
  6. A

    TKR Three Weeks Today

    I am only 47 but today is week 3 post TKR on my right knee. Years of sports injuries and multiple surgeries took their toll. My surgeon told me the morning after surgery that my knee "was a 9.5 on a 10 scale, most people get a replacement at around 7". Anyway, my recovery has been WONDERFUL...
Back
Top Bottom