Recent content by Alaneka60

  1. A

    TKR 6 weeks post op and still in pain

    Hi all! I got away for awhile but here I am again. My surgery was Dec 20, 2019 but I am still having much pain. My physical therapist says it's along the bone cut line. My 6 week x-Ray was normal but I'm in almost constant pain. I've been on muscle relaxers for 2 months now because all the...
  2. A

    TKR 6 weeks post op and still in pain

    Thank you. It's very frustrating, but being able to voice that here with people who understand helps the stress. Still not sleeping, but more relaxed. Glad to have found you all.
  3. A

    TKR 6 weeks post op and still in pain

    I take a pain pill and fall asleep and without fail about 2 hours later I roll over or stretch in my sleep and am jolted up from pain. I watch tv for distractions but that doesn't work well either. And the pain ranges from sensitive to touch like a bruise, sharp shooting and intense burning. My...
  4. A

    TKR 6 weeks post op and still in pain

    Yes my bed is set up like this. Thank you
  5. A

    TKR 6 weeks post op and still in pain

    I sleep on my side with both knees bent. I have almost full range of motion and use ibuprofen during the day. My problem is that as I heal the night pain is getting worse instead of better. At 1st I didn't use anything but ibuprofen or Tylenol to sleep now at 6 weeks I'm exceeding the 5mg oxy...
  6. A

    TKR 6 weeks post op and still in pain

    Thank you. I'll try this. I have just a small pillow they suggested before the surgery but it's more painful than helpful.
  7. A

    TKR 6 weeks post op and still in pain

    Sorry, left tkr on December 20, 2019.
  8. A

    TKR 6 weeks post op and still in pain

    I also had my right bicep tendon moved on November 15, 2019 making using cane and walker almost impossible. I had zero pain in my knee until about a week or 2 ago. I then took the 5mg oxy prescribed when I left the hospital and followed all the advice given by him (ibuprofen, Tylenol, melatonin...
  9. A

    TKR 6 weeks post op and still in pain

    I had a tkr on Dec 20, 2019. The 1st 3-4 weeks were good. Swelling was horrible but was off walker and cane by end of second week. Now at 6 weeks the pain at night is intolerable. I was advised by my Dr to take ibuprofen or Tylenol with maybe melatonin or camomile tea! UGH! Nothing works and...
Back
Top Bottom