Recent content by aimaway

  1. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    Thanks for the guidance. Zingers make sense. I have noticed more numbness disappearing. The body is something. So many things happening behind the scenes to repair it.
  2. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    @benne68 the pain is in different spots. Interior toward the bottom of the knee, anterior below the knee, and more of a shooting pain on the exterior on the side of the knee. Not at the same time but in different spots at different times
  3. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    The last 3 days I've been feeling some sharp pains around my knee. Any thoughts on why would be greatly appreciated. I'm 4 months post op and I've noticed more decrease in fluid and was wondering if the loss of fluid to cushion it could be the cause
  4. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    @almostready? I do not feel sutures. I do notice the numbness and fluid. My favorite PT showed me how to loosen the scars tissue by massaging around the incision. I had some pulling and feelings of pin sticks that the massaging resolved
  5. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    Hi. I have been kneeling on a number of surfaces. Kneeling, like everything else associated with this TKR journey, evolves. I've been able to get back into yoga. That's has been great. I use extra padding for my knee during yoga.
  6. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    Should I avoid kneeling?
  7. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    PT dismissed me about 2 weeks ago. I've joined 2 gyms, since my insurance pays for it. One is small and has a great indoor walking area but it is closed on the weekend. The other is larger with any imaginable machine and massage chairs. Today is my first day back to work. Feeling some...
  8. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    Thanks Layla. Recovery is going well. My PT outpatient business is really good. I'm especially pleased with one of the PTs that is skilled at getting to the bottom of issues and effectively addressing them. Returning to work in 2 weeks.
  9. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    My Orthopedic doctor ordered an ultrasound to rule out a blood cloth. Thankfully no clots. When i went to therapy on Tuesday my PT settled on muscle weakness. She gave me some one leg, calf raises to do and put some tape on it (cant remember the name of it). I did the lifts during therapy and...
  10. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    Hi. My ankle pain subsided just before my one month mark. At my one month I started having a sharp pain in the middle of my leg, when sitting and during leg extension exercises. It has gotten better with stretching. PT thinks it may be due to my gait change. I see my doctor tomorrow.
  11. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    Last night was really uncomfortable. I have an adjustable mattress and elevated the foot area. This wasny as uncomfortable the previous night. My PT suggested propping heel with toes up on an ottoman or table throughout the day, allowing gravity to assist. I did see videos that demonstrated...
  12. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    I had my physical therapy eval and treatment this morning. It went well. My therapist says my knee flexion is great and I need to work on straightening it. Elevation still causes moaning discomfort in the front area where the foot-leg meet, after 3 minutes. Still working on it though.
  13. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    Thank you! Lots of opportunities to practice patience
  14. aimaway

    TKR aimaway's recovery

    Hi. I had my right TKR on June 6, 2024. I'm more mobile than I anticipated, but I'm experiencing aching pain in right outer ankle and the top of my foot near the ankle bend during elevation. Has anyone else experienced this?
Back
Top Bottom