Recent content by Adventuress

  1. A

    TKR Second TKR recovery journey - here we go.

    Well, I think the 'patience fairies' have been visiting. I stopped taking Lyrica last Monday as suggested by my doctor as I did not experience any benefit from it. A week later, I feel my mood is so much better and I have ore energy and brighter thoughts and feelings. My balance and...
  2. A

    TKR Second TKR recovery journey - here we go.

    Thanks! I like the image of the patience fairy. With definitely sprinkle some fairy dust around to invite a host of patience fairies.
  3. A

    TKR Second TKR recovery journey - here we go.

    Yes, it is hard to be patient sometimes and to reduce ones hopes and expectations when there is so much healing going on within the body. To learn to better align mind and body and to be better in touch with the natural healing process, rather than feeling fearful and disheartened by how things...
  4. A

    TKR Second TKR recovery journey - here we go.

    Thank you for your support. I have been doing daily core strengthening since March 2022 (following left TKR) work regularly with a physio and have also worked with several Chiropractors. I learnt to get on and off floor around the 5 week mark, I walk between 1.5 - 3 km daily and stationary bike...
  5. A

    TKR Second TKR recovery journey - here we go.

    Thank you! Recovery is a mixed bag. While I have very good extention and flexion in my new knee, walking continues to be wobbly. The constant pins and needles in both my feet and fussines in every thing frm my waist down, along with regular cramping behind my knees and in my calves and...
  6. A

    TKR Second TKR recovery journey - here we go.

    Right total knee replacement went well. A totally different experience with the anesthia than with the epidural I had last knee. Both were good except the numb foot and triggering of lumber spinal senosis that I hd with epidural. No additional suprises following anesthetic. Possibly more pain...
  7. A

    TKR Almost 9 months post TKR - Feel like I'm Falling Apart

    Thank you! I check in to hospital in a few hours. Will log in on the other side of surgery to share my new journey and reach out for support with this. Thank you again.
  8. A

    TKR Almost 9 months post TKR - Feel like I'm Falling Apart

    My surgery date has been rescheduled from March 2, to April 13th.
  9. A

    TKR Almost 9 months post TKR - Feel like I'm Falling Apart

    So oooo, after having the dastidly flu and very nasty cough a few weeks ago, my March 2 TKR date has been rescheduled for April 13, as the anisthetist required a 6 week pre surgery free of chest infection and antibiotics. Not too fussed about the 6 week delay as it gives me more ME time pre...
  10. A

    TKR Adventuress' Recovery

    Thank you, yes this one seems very vicious. Sorry to hear about your infections. That sound very tough.
  11. A

    TKR Adventuress' Recovery

    Thank you all for your support. I will keep you updated. Right now I have to get some sleep as I have gone down with a cold.
  12. A

    TKR Adventuress' Recovery

    Thank you! Now a two time March Musketeer, as my other knee was done last March. A musketeer here and oddly enough a musketeer by trade, for my knees have seen a lot of sword fencing, quite likely this played a part in my knee issues along with lots of hiking. I cannot deny that I am feeling...
  13. A

    TKR Can I ever go backpacking again?

    Hi @Dakota I hear your fear and concern. I had my first TKR last March and the road to recovery has been a mixurer of highs and lows. However, as a backpacking guide I had all the same fears. My surgeon assured me I would be hiking the trail again. I quickly regained my flexion and worked on...
  14. A

    TKR Almost 9 months post TKR - Feel like I'm Falling Apart

    Surgery date for right knee set for March 2nd. Just over 5 weeks from now. Yikes!
Back
Top Bottom