Recent content by Aditi

  1. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    Hi @Layla, @prairienut, Sorry for the delay - we've moved back to Boston. Thanks for checking in ... no champagne yet. I've still got pain at start-up, limp for 3-4 steps then okay with some thigh pain. The pain moves around, surgical thigh, depending on movement. Just saw my new surgeon at...
  2. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    Update to L THR Revision on 7/10/19. X-rays showed that my femur is a "champagne flute" type. It is very narrow at the bottom and very wide at the top. The first THR femoral stem planted into the bottom, but was moving side to side up top and causing incredible pain. In case anyone else has...
  3. Aditi

    Revision THR scheduled for July

    Hi all, Glad to have the Bonesmart Fam for support again. I'm scheduled for a revision surgery to a THR done last year on July 6, 2018. This revision surgery is to replace a loose femoral stem. Date: 07/10/19 @bottomshollow, please add me to July Sparklers Approach: Posterior Side: Left...
  4. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    I got my revision surgery date - 07/10/19.
  5. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    Hi @ Celle, Original THR was on 07/06/18 - Left hip, lateral approach. I don't have a date for the revision yet (trying to be patient), but tentatively in July 19 - Left Revision to femoral component, posterior approach. Thanks, Deborah
  6. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    Left lateral THR on 7/6/2018 Left posterior Revision not scheduled yet, but it looks like early July 2019
  7. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    @Layla Is the post-operative activity progression for THR the same for Revision Surgery? That list of links you sent to me after THR surgery was invaluable - including the post-op depression! Thanks. @inthebeginning - We'll see when he gets in there. I'm hopeful that due to the amount of...
  8. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    @Mojo333 You're so right! We all deserve a pain-free hip life. It was such a shock to be in agony for 10 years, then pain-free, active and not having to think about it all the time (what an adjustment!), then all of a sudden - pain and instability again. I think the mental component is the...
  9. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    @prairienut @inthebeginning @Layla Thank you for your stories of hope and resilience. I had the consult yesterday. My new surgeon consulted with 5 colleagues around the country. I like his diligence and measured approach. We're going to take a sample of hip fluid, do a bone scan and...
  10. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    Well done you! Sounds like a good plan. Moderation, but i understand your wanting to get moving after so many years of restriction and pain. I see the surgeon tomorrow to talk about the revision surgery and hopefully will set the date. I'll keep you posted.
  11. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    Thank you @inthebeginning. I'm 57 and also lived with no cartilage for years, so I understand. I'm happy that your revision surgery went well. The Doctors all say "What did you do?" like I made this happen. That's why this is so frustrating - for the first 9 months after surgery I was...
  12. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    Struggling 11 months post-op ... has anybody else had a loosening of the femoral stem? I'm having tremendous thigh pain - especially going from stand to sit, sit to stand. I can walk a mile, stand and put weight on my surgery leg with no issues. Complicating matters are that I've moved...
  13. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    Thanks for the tips and well wishes Layla.
  14. Aditi

    Revision THR Aditi's recovery thread

    7/6/18 Left Lateral THR TIP: Bring a plastic trash bag to the hospital for the ride home. Great video showing how to use a plastic bag to safely get into the car and pivot easily @ 12:57 WEEK 1: Waking up in the middle of the night 4 or 5 times soaked in sweat even thought I’m way past...
  15. Aditi

    Calm

    Thanks everybody. I'm glad you found it useful.
Back
Top Bottom