Recent content by adamf83

  1. A

    THR How bad is bad enough for a THR?

    Just coming back to this, all the replies were so helpful and I’m now scheduled to have my LTHR on the 16th Jan 2023. Onwards and upwards from here!
  2. A

    THR How bad is bad enough for a THR?

    Bit if background, I had my right hip replaced June 2021, all went well (apart from some right knee problems which are now fixed). A little over a month ago, a started to get the same sort of groin pain I had previously experience, but in the left side. Having tried some PT, I went back to see...
  3. A

    THR 18th June - Successful surgery, now the recovery starts

    5 and a half weeks post-op now and things have improved. I can walk reasonably ok without crutches, managing 2-3 30-40 minute walks a day, plus exercises. Slightly concerned about the painkiller side on things. I was prescribe 15mg slow release Oxycodone in the day and 30mg slow release...
  4. A

    THR 18th June - Successful surgery, now the recovery starts

    I didn’t start a pre-op thread, but I’m now 3 days past the surgery with my new joint and discharged a day early from hospital. I was certainly surprised how well I felt after the op, whether that’s to do with having both a GA and Spinal Block, I don’t know. I’ve avoided morphine and the main...
  5. A

    THR or something else?

    Thanks both for the opinions on the Glucosamin. The MRI revealed a chronic labral tear and chronic thinning of the cartilage, with only mild degeneration of the hip. No mention of surgery of any kind (which is both good and bad, I guess) and instead the consultant suggested a steroid...
  6. A

    THR or something else?

    A bit of a background.... last December I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis and whilst going through the diagnosis process an X-Ray of my pelvis and hips revealed bi-lateral cam lesions. I saw an orthopaedic consultant, but due to the lack of symptoms, it was decided that I would just...
Back
Top Bottom