acgolden9

So I had my first surgery in June 2017. Two months later it got infected and I went into Septic Shock. The surgeon did emergency surgery and did a partial hip replacement. I was put on antibiotic infusions for six weeks. Even though I seemed to be getting better I never felt right and always hurt. In April 2018 the infection came back and the ID doctor said the hip had to come out. On June 11th 2018 the hip was removed and a spacer hip was put in. The surgery was a rough one because the bone had attached to the artificial hip and they had to cut out a piece of my femur to get it out. I went through infusions again and had to be on a walker for 4 months. I was in constant pain the whole time. On Oct 29th, 2018 they did the PHR and all seemed well for about 7 months. Then in June 2019 the infection came back and the surgeon said I had to do the whole two step revision all over again. I had the spacer hip put in on June 13th 2019 and am on a walker once again. The next surgery is scheduled for October 31st. Now I just don't know what to expect. I am scared to death the infection will return. I would really like some feedback from other people who have experienced the same type of situation.
Birthday
Oct 26, 1965 (Age: 60)
Country
United States United States
State/Province/County
Georgia, Coweta County

Signature

LHR-6/23/2017
Infection- 8/20/2017
Partial LHP-8/22/2017
Infection-4/23/2018
Spacer Hip-6/13/2018
Next LHP-10/29/18
Infection-6/12/18
Spacer Hip-6/13/19
LHP-scheduled for 11/5/2019

Following

Back
Top Bottom