Recent content by AbeInPA

  1. A

    TKR Two Month Plateau

    I agree Jockette. I guess the takeaway for me is that pain and swelling means slow down, but general tighness may not mean so. Steady as she goes at that point, seems to be controllable anyway. Thanks
  2. A

    TKR Two Month Plateau

    Thank you for your reply sistersinhim, I did discuss this with my doctor, and he was pretty much on the "tightness" side, but I believe there's likely some of each (soft tissue tightness and swelling) going on still in my knee. Regards
  3. A

    TKR Two Month Plateau

    Sistersinhim, When you say, "Tightness is caused by swelling", are you referring to overall joint tightness or actual surrounding muscle tightness? To me those are two different sensations, is that wrong? While I believe I still have some internal swelling, what I think I feel after physical...
  4. A

    TKR Two Month Plateau

    Thank you kneeper and sistersinhim, My surgeon and my PTs would also agree that prolonged pain means you should back off. However, in the post Tight band feeling across the front of my knee, there is the following statement regarding tightness, "This should be regarded as pain and treated as...
  5. A

    TKR Two Month Plateau

    Thank you Jaycey, I agree that taking it slowly is the right path. In sports training it's all about pushing harder and it's difficult for me to not apply the same tactic here, but I think I have finally learned that healing is NOT the same as training. Thanks for the support. Best Regards
  6. A

    TKR Two Month Plateau

    I saw my surgeon today and while he agreed that he'd like me to be closer to 120 degrees on flexion at this point, overall he was not concerned. A lot of what he said aligned with the advice given on this site; e.g. no need for forced stretching, additional flexion will follow reduced swelling...
  7. A

    TKR Two Month Plateau

    Thank you Layla, We had a very nice Christmas, hope you did as well. My appointment is this Wednesday and I'll be sure to provide an update. Happy New Year wishes to all!
  8. A

    TKR Two Month Plateau

    Thank you for your reply Kneeper, Glad to know the sensation you felt resolved itself. My issue is a feeling that something is restricting the bending of the knee from the back. It's almost like a hard stop. I'm told it's likely the result of some continued soft tissue swelling, but it's been...
  9. A

    TKR Two Month Plateau

    Thank you Jockette, I appreciate the encouragement and think I will plan to do just as you suggest.
  10. A

    TKR Two Month Plateau

    Thank you for your quick reply. Any thoughts on the sensation in the back of my knee, the feeling that there's something jammed in there. I equate it to something being stuck in a door hinge preventing the door from closing all the way.
  11. A

    TKR Two Month Plateau

    Hello BoneSmart, This is a fantastic site and a great resource; I am glad to have found it. Thanks to all who run this and/or administrate here. I had TKR on my left knee on August 26, 2022. I also had a THR (posterior) of my left hip on February 25, 2022. My recovery from THR was uneventful...
Back
Top Bottom