Recent content by 2hips2knees

  1. 2

    Looking for PT in Kenosha WI

    Riley, are you still scheduled for surgery tomorrow? I am praying for you.
  2. 2

    Bilateral TKR Possible Metal Allergy

    Thank you, @jmp65! Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  3. 2

    Bilateral TKR Possible Metal Allergy

    Wow, @TML, you really do have allergy issues! I’m so glad your OS thought to avoid an implant with nickel. I wonder about the staples too… but I’m allergic to the surgical glue, so I guess stitches will have to do. I’m glad you are doing so well at four weeks out. It sounds like you will have a...
  4. 2

    Bilateral TKR Possible Metal Allergy

    @Riley, having one knee done at a time sounds much better to me. I had wondered about that… if the ongoing allergy with the other knee would affect recovery of the new knee. But I really hate the idea of having both knees done at the same time again. I will be praying for you on September 2! I...
  5. 2

    Bilateral TKR Possible Metal Allergy

    @lovetocookandsew, thank you for the well wishes. I am sorry to hear you are struggling with similar questions and issues. I wonder how many people with unexplained ongoing pain following knee replacements are having allergy problems. It seems I keep hearing of more and more people testing...
  6. 2

    Bilateral TKR Possible Metal Allergy

    Thank you for your post, @Riley. I am so sorry you have been suffering so long… with allergies, illness, nerve damage, and bad implants as well. I almost wish my results had come back as “highly reactive.” Just “reactive” makes me more concerned about more surgery. My surgeon is a great revision...
  7. 2

    Bilateral TKR Possible Metal Allergy

    Thank you for answering so quickly, @Josephine. I had no Steri-strips following the BTKR because of my reaction with the hip replacement. After the staples were removed, I had no dressing at all. The itching actually started the following day when I started using the CPM for the first time...
  8. 2

    Bilateral TKR Possible Metal Allergy

    It has been a long time since I posted. Pain is ongoing in my knees and I still have ROM issues following BTKR in 2013 and bilateral MUA in spring 2014, and I am still using a rollator to walk. Although I can pinpoint a specific spot on my left knee that hurts when pressed and when trying to...
  9. 2

    Bilateral TKR 2013 BTKR, arthrofibrosis, pain continues

    Thank you, @Jamie and @RestAssured.
  10. 2

    Bilateral TKR 2013 BTKR, arthrofibrosis, pain continues

    Thank you for taking the time to add those circles, @Josephine. They were a big help!
  11. 2

    Bilateral TKR 2013 BTKR, arthrofibrosis, pain continues

    Thank you for your help, @Josephine... and for your patience. So that tender area in my right knee is in CRF1, and yes, the left knee is in DLF3.
  12. 2

    Bilateral TKR 2013 BTKR, arthrofibrosis, pain continues

    @Josephine, I can see the dots, but I am trying to locate my patella on the chart, and that is confusing me. In the chart, I see the shapes of the legs, but I don’t really see a patella, and I can pinpoint the pain based on the patella. I have since looked at several websites with information...
  13. 2

    Bilateral TKR 2013 BTKR, arthrofibrosis, pain continues

    @Josephine, I know you will think I am an absolute nut, but I am having a hard time finding the exact location of the knee pain on the chart. The pain may be a little higher. For the left knee, there is a little indention just below my kneecap on the inner side. The pain is just above the...
  14. 2

    Bilateral TKR 2013 BTKR, arthrofibrosis, pain continues

    @Josephine, wow, I somehow really messed up the pain chart deal. Sorry about that. So, although I have pain in other areas (across the backs of my knees, etc., depending on activity), the knee pain I can regular point to is in DLF3 on the left (like a little indention that hurts when I push on...
Back
Top Bottom