Recent content by 2014knees

  1. 2014knees

    Revision TKR Relief...Not what I expected<

    Josephine, Thanks so much for answering a lot of my questions and offering advice. I will wait and see if the pain goes away by May. If so, I will have right knee revision done. Thanks again!
  2. 2014knees

    Revision TKR Relief...Not what I expected<

    Straight leg raise: 10 raises 2 x a day. Toe touching bends from standing position: 12 bends 2 x a day. Using a stretch band: 15 stretches 2 x a day. Walking: half a mile or more 1 x a day. May I ask you how long you were on the Gabapentin? Thank you
  3. 2014knees

    Revision TKR Relief...Not what I expected<

    Josephine, here are the doctor notes from today's visit. He seems to be on the same page with you! He put me on Gabapentin 100mg 3 x day and take two at bedtime. The following list includes any diagnoses that were discussed at your visit. 1. Knee pain • knee pain or injury: care instructions...
  4. 2014knees

    Revision TKR Relief...Not what I expected<

    Josephine, 1. Daytime: 2 Nighttime: 8 2. No prescription drugs. I am taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol. At night I will take 2 extra strength Tylenol and 800 mm Ibuprofen. Most days I don't take anything because it doesn't hurt bad during the day. 3. Slight swelling 4. ROM is very good, more than...
  5. 2014knees

    Revision TKR Relief...Not what I expected<

    Yes Josephine, I will answer questions for you.
  6. 2014knees

    Revision TKR Relief...Not what I expected<

    I need to clarify, he was Not the doctor that did my knee replacements in 2014. If I had this pain before the revision why am I still having pain worse than I did before? Did you mean to say I Should have my right one done? Thanks for taking the time to offer me some help and answer my many...
  7. 2014knees

    Revision TKR Relief...Not what I expected<

    Josephine, Over the past 4 years my knees have popped, really loud, and and my left knee would feel like it was going to float out from under me and sometimes if I stood in one place too long it would lock up and I would have to move it around and it felt like it would pop back into place. Left...
  8. 2014knees

    Revision TKR Relief...Not what I expected<

    Thank you Susie, I will take any advice I can get since I don't know what to expect after a partial revision. Mine are also the DePuy Attune.
  9. 2014knees

    Revision TKR Relief...Not what I expected<

    Hi Josephine, I'm hoping you might can give me some advice. After only 4 years, and knees being very loose and unstable, I had a left knee revision on January 3, 2018. When doctor opened up knee he said the poly was only 5mm thick and should have been at least 10mm so that is the only thing he...
  10. 2014knees

    Revision TKR Relief...Not what I expected<

    I am 14 months out since BTKR and have issue with knees feeling as though they lock while standing for very brief periods. I have to slowly move my knee and it feels like it pops back into place. Doc told me today that I may have scar tissue that may need to be removed. Has anyone else had...
  11. 2014knees

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    @Perry @Josephine...... Here is the email I received today from same hospital. Dear Brenda: You’ve reached the 6-month mark! While this is our last regular email to you, your surgeon remains your point of contact for follow-ups and any concerns you have about your new joint. You are now...
  12. 2014knees

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    @Perry I get these same messages from MM in Asheville NC. I feel the same way as you! In a perfect world I guess we would be at the point they say we should be but "our" knees are telling us something different!! Hang in there. I have faith in knowing that one day soon we will be glad we had...
  13. 2014knees

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    Thinking of you! You can do this!
  14. 2014knees

    Revision TKR Relief...Not what I expected<

    When I have over done it I will ice and elevate. That is when I take the Tramadol because it seems to work better than the OTC stuff.
  15. 2014knees

    Revision TKR Relief...Not what I expected<

    I am almost 6 months out since bilateral TKR and I still have some pain, achiness and slight swelling. Should I be off all pain relievers by now except for over the counter meds? My OS declined refilling Tramadol because he said at this point, Tylenol, Ibuprofen etc. should be enough. I have to...
Back
Top Bottom