TKR Met the Jawa..... got my new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

gami

senior
Country
Australia Australia
Not having such a smooth ride....painkillers. are causing a lot of nausea...but. I will be feeling better soon. Op yesterday afternoon late so went for a short walk this morning...very tired glad to be back in bed. Will chat again later
:whistle:

Welcome to recovery!!!! That nausea is something a lot of people get with the pain meds. Be sure and ask for something to combat it. It should just be a temporary blip. They can try different pain meds also, if it continues to be a problem. It sounds great that you took a little stroll. Good for you!!!

Also be sure they are providing plenty of ice for you. It makes a BIG difference in your pain levels.

Hi Gami, welcome to the other side! Please do ask for anti-nausea meds. They make all the difference in the world.

Welcome to the other side Gami!! Things will get better my dear. We're here for you:)

Congratulations! Aren't you just so glad it's over?? No more fear of the surgery for you!

I, too, had lots of trouble with nausea. Be sure to ask for something to help with it. It really does help! I was only on Norco for about 8 days after the surgery due to feeling so sick from it. They then put me on Tylenol with Codeine and things were better. It just takes a little time for your appetite to return.

Things WILL get better! Just take it day by day, and before you know it, those first two weeks will be over and you'll be on the right road to recovery! Take good care, and keep posting. There are so many wonderful people here to help you!

welcome to.jpg
other side 1.jpg
AND THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF RECOVERY, GAMI!

Yes, ask for help in getting that nausea under control. Hard to feel good about things with that hanging over your head. Follow the BoneSmart mantra and things will go well for you.

Take care of yourself and that brand new knee and post when you feel up to it. We care. hugs 4.jpg

Hi Gami, I am very pleased that your surgery is now all over, hooray. :happydance:
Sorry about the nausea and I hope it gets better soon, hang on in there,
Gentle hugs,
Toothfairy x
:friends:

Well done on the stroll today!! :dancy:

So sorry, about the nausea though. I hope you have gotten some relief from rest and some medication and can post again soon.

:console2:

Hey Gami,
Welcome to the other side, well done for being so brave and you should definitely be on anti sickness meds. I am wondering if you are on some kind of morphine because that made me very sick just after the op and the medics gave me anti sickness tabs which stopped it :sick: :).
You will be feeling every emotion under the sun right now and its likely you will want to be left alone.
Post back when you can and remember we have all been there, done it and worn the t shirt, you will be fine :thumb:
Any concerns or worries please just say, we are here to listen:ok:
Much love :flwrysmile:

Welcome to the other side! Hope the nausea improves soon.

Day two post op have been for a couple of walks and have all the bulky dressings removed along with the clear liquid packs iv ...drains and pain pump lines. Beginning to feel almost human. I am allowed to do to the bathroom on my own now and I am sure.the nursing staff are grateful. Ithink I was needing a pan every hour...still thet are all wonderful people and never ever made me feel I was a nusance
My scar is pretty impressive I sneaked a look when they redressed the wound.

And best of all they gave me the xrays of my new knee..my daughter promptly sent one off to my grandson
..so he can see what a good job our OBI One has done
...time for some snoozing...anyone heard from Chinook

new start.jpg
Here you are at last, gami. Sounds like you're doing very well. And being able to go the bathroom on your own is such a blessing. I did it before I had permission---I just couldn't wait until someone arrived. I'm sure they're pretty used to this. They pump so much in you, it has to come out. Chinook's hubby posted for her and said that she had come through the surgery just fine and had been up and walked a bit. Nothing since then.

Keep up the good work, take care, and keep us posted. We care. hug, pooh 3.jpg

Sounds like you are doing well---I am happy for you.

Gami you sound like things are coming right along! Congrats on the mini milestones already! I hope your nausea is now controlled as well. Enjoy your snooze!

Seems like I will take a while to get passed these 3am wake ups,...but t I'm not concerned...I have been sleeping soon much, guessing is. my. body needs the rest and I. am grateful just to be able to sleep. Funny how we humans take so many little things for granted. Can anyone tell me what's best for constipation seems it will be my next minor hurdle...I am only taking the panadeine forte 3times a day for the pain...but I need it.
Hubby a says I haven't eaten much for 4days so it should resolve itself. .... :groan: :beg: :flwrysmile: But hey we are on the other side and life is a new adventure.

Welcome to the other side Gami! If you can get something like stool softners and some Senekot or Miralax that will help to get things moving. The stool softners take a few days to work but you can continue to take them daily while you are on the pain meds. It will help to keep things softer and easier to pass. Hugs!

Be sure to eat something with the pain meds. I used to keep grahmn crackers by my bed with a little tin of peanut butter. Yum

Came home yesterday...surgeon was happy with my rom and the wound was looking good. Physio was happy with my walking but suggested two sticks until Monday..first physio day. Still waiting for some bowel movement...but it is nice to be home. Slushie packs are ready..and tonight has not been too bad...just a bit unconfortable. I am resting and elevating...however the physio said agree with your knee about the icing. .You need to feel that the new knee is a lot hotter because you dont want to stop healing blood flow to the tissue. But if it get swollen and very hot ice it until it cools down and the temp is normal again. When I do the small exercises or walk to and from the bathroom it does react..so this when the slushies will do their job
. Hubbys wedges are working just fine ...eay days....hugs to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal