Barred from posting a PM

kain

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Why do I get an 'Oops error your message contains 'spam like language' when trying to post a PM ? - no inappropriate bad language , just everyday conversation. Obviously an over-enthusiastic algorithm - what are the banned words or phrases that trigger it as I never use any 'inappropriate' language?

@kain This is the first time I have seen this so I am hoping our technical team can clarify. @todo10

@kain .... can you please send an email to me at [email protected] with the content of what you were trying to post? I cannot begin to analyze what might be going on until I see what you entered in the message.

Our spam filter in Xenforo doesn't generate an error message. It simply replaces the offending words we've listed with another word. So, something else must be the problem.

It is my understanding that you cannot send a PM until you have a certain number of posts.
Right now you only have 9, I think the number is 10 or 20 posts.

@Pumpkin the number of posts needed is 5. I did check kain's profile and she should be able to send a PM.

Thanks, I knew there was a minimum number, just was not sure what it was.

@todo10 Can you help Lynne with this? I checked her profile and she should be able to send messages.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
CanDoWillDo
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom