• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

THR Post surgery

been resting sorry everyone went again saying everything looks normal so I’m guessing it’s my pots still getting short of breath and lightheaded when walking but hip is doing really good almost walking normal and only use aids if I’m feeling tired but walking great without it see my dr Tuesday I’ll see what she says thanks for checking in everyone

That's good news and glad your hip seems really good. It's understandable if your POTS is a bit worse at the moment- but hopefully it will settle back down to your pre-op level over the next few weeks.
Just gradually exercise and increase the activity level slowly and gently.

Hey, that's great. What kind of bike, regular or recumbent? All I have is regular bikes and I suspect the hard part will be getting my leg over the seat. I have one bike with a dropper post and I will set that one up on a trainer in advance. With the seat retracted I should be able to get on easier.

road exercise bike for the first time today

Hey :wave:
Good to hear from you! Glad you were checked over and all is okay.

As, EalingGran mentioned hopefully your POTS symptoms will dissipate soon and you’ll be able to concentrate solely on your THR recovery.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Let us know how it goes. Write down all your questions, or store them in your cell phone so you don’t forget ask. It can happen easily enough at those follow ups if you feel rushed. Hopefully your wife will go with as an extra set of ears.
Sweet dreams tonight! :sleep:
@ajhines19

Congrats on the exercise bike!!!

Not sure what you mean exactly, but it seems you’ve been doing well. Is this something new and is it causing pain or other symptoms?
@ajhines19

Well, I can't imagine why...If you're bothered by it you can always ask your OS's care team if you can forward a cell phone photo. Are your sure it looks different than it has at any other time since surgery?

Looks the same as it did day one just looks like it is poking out a lil

Hi again,
I am certainly not trying to be dismissive, but your explanation is rather vague. If it looks no different than it did the last time you were examined by your surgeon or PA, I don't know that there is reason for concern, but if you are worried, don't ignore it. Call and talk to your OS's care team and see what they have to say.
@ajhines19 .

If I'm understanding correctly, when looking at yourself from the front in a mirror you find your replaced hip sticks out more laterally to the side than your non op hip. If so, mine does too a bit. I'm assuming it's just from scar tissue build up under the incision and some swelling of that area and it'll eventually settle down to normal. Or our anatomy is a bit different now and it'll always poke out a bit haha. I'm gonna ask my surgeon at my 6 week follow up, but if the price to pay to have a functional hip is a slightly different shape, I'm game.

I think I just got a wake up call that I’m still healing I just got out the shower and the back of my thigh is aching

Last edited:
Not surprising, @ajhines19, you are not even a month post-op! Be patient -- this recovery takes time.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom