TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

@traceys, sounds like another great day! Getting sleep helps to make those happen more often.

Yay for a very good night and day! It's wonderful to hear how well you're coming along.

And then the wheels fall off! Lol
Last night in bed I got brave and tried to roll on to my stomach to sleep like I always used to. Something in my knee on the medial side and above the patella had a very different opinion. Actually woke hubs in the next room with my whimpering.
:bawl:

Today I can barely walk on it and it’s such a sharp pain that no icing or meds have dulled and leg will not straighten. And we had to do groceries so I wound up walking all pirate leg.
:blackcloud:

Tomorrow has to be better right?

@traceys, we try new things as a way of learning what we can tolerate and what we can’t. Our new knees are like toddlers, anything is libel to set them off!:rotfl:

@beachy
If we sticking to the children analogy this knee is outright slamming doors and yelling at me thru them. I was much happier getting the silent treatment.

After dinner went to move my leg and the crack from the knee was startling it was so loud and sharp. No real pain but it was a momentary shocker. Now it’s letting out little cracks every time I move it. Sigh.
Doubling down on the pain pill tonight and packing it in.

Ugghh!! I can honestly say I learn something new every day about my new addition. Hang in there I hope it feels better soon!

After dinner went to move my leg and the crack from the knee was startling it was so loud and sharp.
Is this like that sound you heard while on the bike at PT?

Ouch! That doesn't sound great. I hope things have improved this morning. :console2:

@Jockette not as loud but yup! But that time I wasnt having any knee pain, just super tight. (And have never been able to do a single rotation on the bike since that day either :shrug:)

Fitful sleep last night and this morning knee feels really tender, same spot. It’s funny because it’s the exact spot as I always had presurgery. It def feels like there’s something soft tissue caught somewhere and it’s the same spot where I get the sharp stab when I lay on my right side and go to roll over. Everything was going fine until this started Saturday night.
:bawl:

Thankfully I see OS on the 21st and hopefully have pt tomorrow if the weather doesn’t produce the storm they are calling for. Meanwhile I just baby it and keep it up and go back to the cane around the house.

These drama queen knees! :blackcloud:

We are getting snow and ice right now but it is not supposed to accumulate much. A coating to an inch.

And, a van just went by my house, the company was Family Pool Supply! Seriously? :loll:

@Jockette what more can I say about this journey other than ...
:climb:

We are supposed to get up to 20cm of snow and freezing rain between tonight and tomorrow night.
As desperately as I need physio it is so not worth trying to get down the sloping sidewalk in front of our building with a cane to get to my ride just for that! I used to love skiing. Key word USED to and not unintentionally now.

I have never been skiing, either intentionally or otherwise!

My son in law and his family love to ski, so my daughter is learning and their 3 young children are learning. Last year my granddaughter at 8 years old was better than my daughter! The boys were 6 and 4 and my daughter sent me videos of all three kids skiing and they did great! Obviously the boys are at a very simple beginning level, but my granddaughter can do a graceful zig zag.

Knee update: this morning when I got up I couldn’t even put weight on leg and it would not straighten past about 30 degrees which was scaring me to death.
I thought “it’s not gonna beat me today” so I wrapped it with a tension bandage, tossed on my zippy new runners and vacuumed, washed the small amnt of floors we have, wiped down the kitchen from hubs cooking all weekend, straightened both bedrooms and took the garbage down to the chute.

Then I realized - no pain at all and I forgot where I left my cane.

I give up. :skep: Lol

Aw @Jockette i love hearing about kiddies taking on a sport like that! Hubby used to downhill race competitively until he was 19 and always wanted to go ski in Austria but my knee was pretty bad when we met in ‘98 so never happened sadly.

@beachy im really not sure. I’ve had it wrapped for the last few weeks daily because I AM noticing it feels so much more sturdy and useable when wrapped in general. It didn’t seem to do much with this little blip.
I don’t know if its a psychosomatic thing or it’s actually helping me but my pt said I def walk better wrapped even tho some of the bend is gone then. :shrug:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom