TKR right May 31, 2018

LanaKay

Country
United States United States
we have my right knee scheduled for tkr May 31. I'm doing great with recovery on left knee tkr 1/9/2018. Hope this goes as smoothly as my left knee has been doing. thanks to you wonderful bonesmart friends I'm ready for this one.

Hi LanaKay: glad to see another May Marvel. I was beginning to think I was going to be the only one!

Well done on getting that surgery date! You will soon be a member of the double kneesie club!

Hello @LanaKay - and :welome:

Here is some reading to help you prepare for surgery:

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

Regardless of where you are in the process, the website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

You will be sooooo happy to have to good knees again! Glad you have a date.

I got my second Jan. 16th. You will probably find this one easier than the first, mainly because you will know what to expect and not be blown away by the initial discomfort. Good luck on your surgery!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Anileigh
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom