Three Weeks to go and Terrified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Tim! I visited the OS and things seem to be a go. Just waiting for my pre-op appointment now. I'm really anxious to get this over with and get started with the recovery.
This is such a great forum - for the information and the kind support of all the members and moderators.

Linda

Hi Again! Well I'm a bit less than two weeks out, and trying seriously to get ready. I haven't been booked yet for pre-op, but expect that at any time. I'm trying to stay close to home now, to avoid a cold or the flu.

One thing I wanted to ask Jo: I have a sight problem with nerves of my left foot (not the one having TKR). My GP had MRI done of my head and lower back - nothing significant, so he said it must be some damage to the nerve behind my knee. (not sure if it's permanent or not) It's causes me to sometimes fail to lift my foot properly, even though I try to be conscious of it.

I've been using a walker lately, since my knee is worse, so have had no problem with it, but worry about stumbling with my new knee. Should I get an
ankle support before I go for surgery to use when I get out? My OS just said I'd have to be really careful, but better safe than sorry, right?

P.S. to my last post. Could someone please tag Josephine for me?, as I don't have a clue of how to do it????

Many thanks,
Linda

I'm here anyway. I always look at every post every day.

I can't really say what's up with your foot/leg. Sometimes when you have bad issues in your knee, it can affect the nerves that pass through (or by) the knee so they are bound to be affected.

LinCan.....I'd say have the brace on hand just in case you need it. Sometimes your unoperated leg assumes so much of the work load in the first few weeks, you might feel more comfortable with the extra stability.

Thanks, Jamie and Tim. I got through Pre-Op, but have a slight challege still. I pulled my back Tues. night, so have to set things straight by Apr. 4. It's been good this year, so who would think it would happen with a week to go? I'm trying not to panic, just work hard at it, as I REALLY need this surgery

Praying for you Linda that your back will be fit for your op on the 4th April. Please keep posting so that we know that your op is going ahead, and we can be there to support you when you come over to this side permanently. I am sure you will be OK.:friends:

Thanks, Aretha and Tim! I really appreciate your support! I'm presently fighting getting too down over all this as I know many others have had greater challenges. I'm trying to believe things are unfolding as they're meant to for a reason.

Good news - I think our winter might be gone for now. I guess Tim will understand that relief to a degree. You may also have had some nasty weather in the U.K. this year, but I'm sure everything is blooming by now. I've been there many times, just not lately; would love to go back once I can walk.

Linda

Actually Linda we have had a brilliant winter, I can coun t on my hands how many rainy days we have had this year, and this month of March has been the warmest on record for many many years. We have been basking in wall to wall sunshine with temps around 21/22 deg, and everything in the garden is so early. Today the temperature has dropped some, more normal for Easter timeframe, but I am sure they will be back up again very soon, hope so.

I am glad for you that your winter seems over too, so wishing you some warmth and sunshine, it always is an excellent pick me up, and thats what you need at present.

Keep well, and keep fighting, I am sure things will turn around soon.

Take care x :friends:

I will keep you in my prayers that your back gets better before surgery Good luck to you

Hi Linda
I see it is almost time for you to get a lovely new knee!! I wish you all the best for Wednesday and look forward to seeing you on the other side.

Good Luck, hope all goes well with surgery, and your back gets well fast. please keep us posted:wink1:

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes! (and prayers - I sure need those for the stress!) Well, it looks like my surgery will be going ahead - I had a couple of chiropractic treatments for my sacroilliac (sp?) issues and it has improved but is not perfect. The chiropractor said that I need to go ahead with it, as my knee will just continue to get worse, that I am strong enough for the pain and work required. I hope he's right.

I really appreciate this website and all the support here. I'llstart a recovery post once I'm home and stable - hopefully soon.

Linda

The very best of luck for tomorrow Linda, I am sure you will be fine and looking forward to reading those recovery threads when you are well enough. You have been around long enough to heed a lot of the advice you have been given, so make sure that you rest a lot, ice a lot, elevate a lot, and on the other hand don't do a lot in the first stages!!

Give yourself time and you most definitely have to learn patience, the recovery is a long path and you need to allow your body to heal in its own time, in its own way, and with a little help from you and the Bonesmarty family here you will make it all the way I have no doubt.

Bye for now, see you soon x :friends:

Yep---I agree---the surgery is the easiest part---you will be in our thoughts and prayers and I am sure that everything will turn out just fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom