Surgery Right knee

Cynof4

Country
United States United States
Bonesmart,
As much as we prepare it seems the winds of change can quickly redirect our path. After a week of feeling less than my best I’ve been diagnosed with a complicated UTI that has severely depressed my kidney function. So off to the nephrologist I go. Probably facing a PICC line and a few weeks of recovery.
I am thankful for all your suggestions and help. I’ve enjoyed reading the forums and will
continue to lurk around. We will reschedule my TKR when all is well again.
I’d appreciate any prayers, good vibes or healing wishes you could send my way.

~Cynthia

So sorry to hear you're ill. I'm sending good wishes for a speedy recovery your way and hope you are soon mended and can reschedule your TKR.

@Cynof4

Oh, Cynthia, I am so very sorry to learn of your illness and the need to delay your surgery. But, I can certainly understand the critical need to be infection free when undergoing TKR. I will miss comparing recovery notes with you "surgery buddy.":cry: And, I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and pray that you can quickly overcome this latest bump in the road. I have a magnet on my fridge that sums up my philosophy on life, "I plan and God laughs!" So true.:shrug:

Please continue to lurk and chat me up on my recovery thread. In the meantime, take care Cynthia.

Anna:flwrysmile:

@Cynof4 - I'm so sorry to hear of your infection. I hope that the PiCC line antibiotics work quickly and you start to feel better soon.
Please let us know when you're better and have a new surgery date.

That is such bad luck. My wish for you is that the antibiotics work to banish those bugs quickly. Please get well soon you can then receive a shiny new knee. We await your return.
Good luck.

Will be thinking of you and sending you all the very best for a speedy recovery .. take care :flwrysmile:

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that. Still, you were more than ready so once this infection is past, you’ll be back on track. Hang in there!

Hi Cynthia, I am just catching up on the thread and saw this news. I am so sorry your surgery has been postponed but grateful you are taking the necessary steps to recover. As my mother frequently said " we can't change the wind, but we can adjust our sail" and that is what we are often called to do. Best wishes and will look forward to hearing how you are doing. Speedy recovery. I need my TPF buddy. ~ sarah:console2:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads