TKR RKR July 5th - Deedee 65

Thank you all for your input regarding PT and strength training. After 11 weeks, I realized that my PT kept adding more weight to the leg lifts and other exercises. Yes, I could handle it BUT for the days following...I was stiffer and in a degree of pain. She was concerned about my stability and said that my insurance would cover more sessions. Initially, I was pleased with the possibility of more time in PT.
After my last session, I made the decision not to continue after all. Instead, I am riding my recumbent bike every day and doing my exercises at home. I am walking in the house without the cane (except when I first wake up) and I still use the cane away from home. This is where I am. I try not to compare
myself to others. This is a marathon...I really have to temper my expectations.

I'm three weeks ahead of you and support your decision; you're making fine progress!!!!

After 11 weeks, I realized that my PT kept adding more weight to the leg lifts and other exercises. Yes, I could handle it BUT for the days following...I was stiffer and in a degree of pain.
That was your knee telling you that it just wasn't ready for the weight.

So glad to read that you've backed off PT. Spinning on the bike -- without any tension -- is one of the best things you can do for your knee. Just don't overdo it, and be sure to ice and elevate every day to keep inflammation in check.

You are correct: this is a marathon! But you will continue to see improvement with time.

I’m sure you must be so relieved to see the path forward more clearly. Must calming to have all that extra stress gone from your recovery. You will get there little by little :ok:

:hi:Happy Tuesday!
You have a healthy attitude and you're not even three months post op yet. There is a lot of time and room for improvement. Since no two recoveries are alike, it's wise not to compare. Have patience, you will get there. :)
@deedee65

Happy Tuesday from Houston, Texas!
I really appreciate the kind and reassuring responses to my post. The comments are so affirming and heartfelt. As all of you know, this healing process is not easy...we all benefit from encouragement along the way.
Onwards~

@PBhips
Just a FYI, deedee65 has not been on the forum since October 22, 2023. That doesn't mean she won't return, just want you to be aware.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Plerea
Recent bookmarks