PKR Referred pain

Dave4562

Country
Australia Australia
I have acute (bone on bone) arthritis inner left knee. Tried PRP, hyalronic acid to no benefit. Then radio ablation. Not much luck with those and will have partial replacement in August. In the mean time I suffer acute referred pain in various locations - lower outer calf, behind and above knee. At time it is extreme with little benefit from analgesics. The pain seems to benefit from walking but returns upon sitting. Any suggestions or more detailed questions welcomed. I have a back stop of tramadol but am reluctant to go down that path.

@Dave4562 Welcome to BoneSmart!

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about pre-op pain. Have you tried icing or even heat? Icing for 45-60 minutes per session several times per day may help ease this. But babying that sore knee if about all you can do while waiting for surgery.

Which knee is having the surgery? Can you give us your surgery date? We will put the information in your signature for you and get you added to our August team thread.

Yes ice packs seem to help. I also soak in my spa each night for twenty. minutes that seems to give me a good initial sleep but it sometime returns in the early morning.

Aiming for around 8 August for partial. Should I expect the current pain to go away after surgery? I can sure expect new pains but hopefully the referred ones will go.

Should I expect the current pain to go away after surgery?
Yes, post op pain is different and the good news is post op pain can be managed.

Sorry your wait is so long - this is really the worst part of this process.

You can try acupuncture. It helped me a lot, and I was very skeptical of trying it. I would feel a difference the next morning, but some feel improvement immediately. You have to keep up with it. I went about once a week for a year and a half. It also has a cumulative affect, so you get more improvement the more you go.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
2Cats
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom